Why We Buy Siglent SDS1202X-E?
Unlike other brands of digital oscilloscope, that love to nickel and dime their customers to death with extra expensive options that would cost you a few more hundred bucks, the Siglent decided to enable many useful functions on their products including the Serial Decoding, FFT, enabling full bandwidth, and a Calibration certificate among others more.
One of those products is the Siglent SDS1202X-E, which we will be reviewing here, which is both a professional and an entry level scope for newbies with easier calculation and adjustments and intuitive dial layout, making it very easy to learn.
- 200 mhz bandwidth
- Real-time sampling rate up to 1 gsa/use
- IRecord length up to 14 Mpts
- Standard serial bus triggering and decode, supports iic, spi, uart, Rs232, can, and lin
- 1M points fft
Introduction of Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E 200 MHz Digital Oscilloscope
For anyone new, a digital Oscilloscope is an extremely useful tool for any electronic involved profession e.g. Engineers, Electronic Technicians, Healthcare, Physicists, Auto Repair, etc. that requires capturing and recording electronic signal for detail examination and comparisons between different channels.
The Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E is a truly amazing scope for anyone’s starting journey into digital oscilloscopes under $500, but also providing enough bandwidth to analyze complex signals.
Siglent SDS1202X-E Review: Low-End Digital Oscilloscope with Amazing Functionalities
With users in mind, the Siglent SDS1202X-E is ergonomically designed with non reflective coating screen, very thick and stabilizing rubber feet on the back plus portability handle on the top. In addition, the whole thing can be tilted for a decent viewing screen angle and you also get very cool expensive-looking lit up buttons.
Color temperature display.
The Siglent SDS1202X-E features the color temperature display and 256 intensity grading, something you can’t find in other models of this class. Within this function, the trace occurrence is well represented by different colors with varying temperature, instead of intensity change of merely one color. The red colors represents the higher frequency event while the blue marks the opposite end.
You will find working with the Siglent SDS1202X-E very quick and intuitive. The 1 Gsa/s real-time sampling rate of the Siglent SDS1202X-E is super-fast and super responsive; the signal capture is spot on. Plus, the math functions are simple to use and read, and the capability of on-the-fly adjustment is about as convenient as it can get.
In spite of being a low-end entry-level scope, Siglent SDS1202X-E is well equipped with many valuable functions and abilities. Two of them are the ability to trigger on and capture complex wave forms and the Math functions that you otherwise can only find in very high-end Tektronix scopes. Other than that, the Siglent SDS1202X-E features serial decoding, FFT, enabling the full bandwidth, and a Calibration certificate, that would otherwise cost you a lot of money in other brands.
Specs & Features
- Bandwidth: 200 MHz
- Real-time sampling rate: up to 1 gsa/s
- IRecord length: up to 14 Mpts
- Minimum vertical input range: of 500 UV/Div
- Non reflective coating screen
- Cool lit buttons: very lit without lights
- Ergonomic design: the Siglent SDS1202X-E is equipped with nice big thick rubber feet on the back and handle for carry on the top. Plus, the screen can tilt up at decent angle for viewing
- Accurate measurement: At any one time base, the Siglent SDS1202X-E uses all 14M sample points to deliver true measurement with the help of separate math coprocessor that significantly decreases measurement time, rendering something like fast Fourier transforms possible without slowing the scope down at all
- Hardware-based Zoom technologies and up to 14 Mpts record length: helps you capture more signal with higher sampling rate and to instantly zoom in to focus on certain area of time that interests you most
- An innovative digital trigger system: with low jitter, high sensitivity and a waveform capture rate of 400,000 frames/sec (sequence mode)
- Color temperature display and 256-intensity grading: conveys frequency data of waveform events in varying color temperature
- History mode and segmented acquisition: is used to playback latest triggered events and store the waveform into multiple memory segments (up to 80,000) with each frame time stamped
- Built in help system for beginner
- Standard serial bus triggering and decoding
- It supports iic, spi, uart, Rs232, can, and lin
- Multiple interface types: USB Host, USB Device (USB-TMC), Pass/Fail, Trigger Out and LAN (VXI-11)
- Clickable Knobs with detent
Like said, whether you are an electronic professional looking for a decent digital oscilloscope to accompany your task or a beginner enthusiast taking an interest in electronics and looking for the right entry-level scope without cutting yourself in half, the Siglent SDS1202X-E will cover you. Smartly designed and embedded with supposedly expensive functions and capabilities, the Siglent SDS1202X-E not only keeps things simple and intuitive for beginners but ensures it can handle complex and professional workload.
Siglent SDS1202X E Oscilloscope Review