For anybody new, a digital oscilloscope is a very useful device for various fields. This tool is a must-have for engineers, healthcare professionals, electronic technicians, physicists, auto repair, and many more. You can use one for capturing and saving electric signal for certain purposes like detail exam and comparing different channels.
Siglent is one of the most trusted makers of high-quality oscilloscopes. The company supplied the market with a wide array of units, which you will learn in this review. Which one will fit your needs? Well, the answer will depend on your needs, your budget, and to some important factors. Read on to get started.
Top 5 Siglent Oscilloscopes Comparison:
|#1. Siglent SDS1202X-E||- 200 MHz|
- 14 Mpts record length
- Non-reflecting coating
|#2. Siglent SDS1104X-E||- 100 MHz|
- Easy to use
- Good features
|#3. Siglent SDS1102CML||- 100 MHz|
- Guaranteed quality
- Excellent features
|#4. Siglent SDS1052DL||- 50 MHz|
- Efficient performance
- Good features
- Good quality
|#5. Siglent SDS2304X||- 300 MHz|
- Great quality
- Better features
Review of the Top 5 Siglent Oscilloscopes
#1. Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E Digital Oscilloscope
Siglent SDS1202X-E is an incredible digital oscilloscope for newbies. The device can provide enough bandwidth for analyzing complex signals. This product looks beautiful with its ergonomic design and non-reflective veneer screen. You can tilt the screen for a more decent viewing angle.
Moreover, Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E features cool luxury-looking lit up buttons for easier and more convenient operation. The device also comes with a color temperature display & 256intensity grading. Such features are often unavailable in other similar units.
Conclusion: This smartly designed oscilloscope is one of the best offers of Siglent so far. Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E has expensive-looking functions and features that enable the device itself to offer incredible results. The device is intuitive and simple for first-time users. Likewise, it ensures its capacity to handle a professional and complex workload.
#2. Siglent Technologies SDS1104X-E Digital Oscilloscope
Siglent Technologies SDS1104X-E offers 100 MHz bandwidth and a real-time sampling rate of up to 1 GSa per second. The device’s recording capacity can go up to 14 Mpts. It has standard serial bus triggering & decodes. It supports spi, iic, uart, can, lin, and Rs232. It has hardware-based zoom technologies and as much as 14 Mpts recording length.
Moreover, Siglent Technologies SDS1104X-E uses a higher sampling rate for capturing more signal. It can also easily zoom in, so it can focus on where the subject is. You can oversample to catch for longer periods at a higher resolution. Likewise, you can use the device’s zoom feature to view more details in every signal.
Conclusion: Siglent Technologies SDS1104X-E is also a compelling option. This digital oscilloscope has smart features and functions. Therefore, the device can give good and accurate results.
#3. Siglent Technologies SDS1102CML Digital Storage Oscilloscope
Siglent Technologies SDS1102CML comes with LAN and USB interfaces. It also has easy scope software, 16-bit vertical resolution sweep, modulation, and burst, TrueArb Technology or Easy Pulse Technology. It also has a built-in high precision frequency counter.
You can use this oscilloscope for various purposes like electronic circuit debugging and design, electrical circuit function assessment, instantaneous signal inspection, industrial measuring and control, education & training, and product quality control.
Conclusion: The included features in Siglent Technologies SDS1102CML made it a great offer from Siglent. The device is capable and efficient in giving good and accurate results in every use. It is also easy to use and user-friendly, especially to beginners.
#4. Siglent Technologies SDS1052DL Digital Storage Oscilloscope
Siglent Technologies SDS1052DL is a powerful digital oscilloscope with key features like 500 MSa per second sampling rate and 32 Ktps deep memory. The device can provide from 50 MHz up to 150 MHz bandwidth.
This efficient device is quite useful for various purposes. You can use it for certain purposes like product’s quality control, industrial measuring and control, education, and training. The device comes with a new LCD display with a higher resolution. Likewise, it has a LAN interface that makes it an upgraded edition of a 50 MHz oscilloscope.
Conclusion: Siglent Technologies SDS1052DL is one of the best digital oscilloscopes out there with up to 150 MHz bandwidth. The device looks nice. Its features are fantastic while the overall performance is acceptable. Therefore, it’s a really capable device that can satisfy you.
#5. Siglent Technologies SDS2304X Super Phosphor Oscilloscope
SIGLENT Technologies SDS2304X supports gating measurement, statistics computations, math measurement, and ref measurement. It has waveform mathematics function which includes addition, FFT, subtraction, division, multiplication, integration, differentiation, and square root. The device also has the newest SPO or Super Phosphor Oscilloscope technology.
Moreover, this tool offers 300 MHz bandwidth and high-speed hardware-based pass-and-fail function. SIGLENT Technologies SDS2304X has four channels and up to 2 GSa per second sampling rate. The display is clear and vibrant.
Conclusion: SIGLENT Technologies SDS2304X is a nice, fast, and reliable digital oscilloscope. It has great features that allow the device itself to provide better and more accurate results with its 300 MHz bandwidth.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Oscilloscope
An oscilloscope is among the most crucial tools used in designing, repairing, and maintaining electronics. However, the range of the best kind and configuration for your purpose is not a simple task. Here are some important factors to keep in mind:
– How do you want to use an oscilloscope? There are several form factors like the standalone benchtop instrument, handheld instrument for mobile use, PXI-based instrument, and PC-based instrument. Thus, choose the right form factor for your needs before buying any model.
– How many analog signals should you measure at the same time? Typically, an oscilloscope has two to four analog channels. A few have eight analog channels though these models are quite rare. Sometimes, an oscilloscope allows multiple instruments to synchronize.
– Do you want to obtain digital signals? How many digital signals do you wish to watch together? It determines the sum of digital channels you should have. You may find an oscilloscope that allows one to convert the analog channel in more than 8 digital channels.
– What’s the maximum frequency of the digital signals you want to measure? Be aware when your input signal isn’t a pure sine, that means it has harmonics. An oscilloscope must have a stronger bandwidth which may be four to five times higher compared to the maximum frequency you want to measure.
– The same rule is applicable to the oscilloscope’s sampling rate. It must be four to five times the maximum frequency you wish to gauge. Keep in mind that there are two sample rates, such as repetitive and real-time. It is important when your signal takes place just once and you should get it in just one shot. Otherwise, when the signal continues several times, the oscilloscope takes multiple samples of the signal through a specific period with a lower sampling rate. An oscilloscope can also use interleaving to attain a higher sampling rate.
– How long is the signal you wish to get in just one shot? A modern oscilloscope stores the captured sample in the acquisition memory. Meaning, for the given sample rate, the memory’s size will determine how the device can capture the signal before the memory becomes full.
– Which resolution and accuracy do you require? An ordinary oscilloscope has an 8-bit resolution, meaning the device can divide the voltage range into 256 steps. Thus, in a 1V range, the resolution will be 1V/256 = 4mV.
– A modern oscilloscope offers more additional functionality. Many of these are free of charge while others are options and available for retrofitting. Such extra functions may include random waveform creator, protocol analyzer, spectrum analyzer, data logging, logic analyzer, innovative trigger functions, and many more.
– Do you need to connect the oscilloscope to a PC or laptop? Should it go together with the test system? In this case, choose an oscilloscope with the right interface like ethernet, GPIB, and USB.
– Do not ignore the probes. Probes are a vital element of a signal chain. They have a huge influence on what you’re measuring. There are various forms of probes like passive probes, differential probes, current probes, and active probes. The criteria for choosing the right probes for your needs include frequency voltage, isolation voltage, voltage range, input impedance, probe type, and attenuation.
The market offers a wide array of oscilloscopes from various brands today. To get the best value for your money, choose a unit made by a reliable company like Siglent. Also, don’t forget to check the specs and features of a unit before you buy.
An oscilloscope is not a simple investment. You’ll be spending thousands of cash to have one, so be sure you choose the right one to avoid regrets. Consider your needs and look for the digital oscilloscope with features and functions suitable for those needs. That’s how you can really get the best value for your money.