An oscilloscope is one of the most important laboratory tools used to show and examine the waveform of electric signals. It comes in many types, including the digital storage and mixed signal oscilloscopes.
There are a lot of oscilloscope brands in the market right now. And Rigol is certainly one of the best brands of oscilloscopes. It is belong to Rigol Technologies Inc. that built a name for itself with its electronic measurement and chemical analysis instrument since its founding in 1998.
Our Top Picks
Today we will do a comparison on this big brand by reviewing on each of the best Rigol oscilloscopes to see what are the different. Here is a comparison list of top 17 best Rigol oscilloscopes that have many pleasing features, performance, and quality suitable for your different needs.
Choose one based on your needs and budget for your satisfaction. Since it comes in different types, you must make sure the one you choose is the suitable one for your purpose.
List of the Best Rigol Digital Storage Oscilloscopes
#1. Rigol DS4034 350 MHz Digital Oscilloscope with 4 Channels
This device is versatile and high performing. It provides a range of trigger functions as well as auto measurements. It also comes with record and playback, analysis functions, a large display, and a good waveform capture rate. Therefore, Rigol DS4034 is extremely powerful and flexible.
Another thing is it has most of the newest and most advanced processes and technologies. Rigol DS4034 features bandwidths ranging between 100MHz and 500MHz. This digital storage oscilloscope is ideal for various markets, such as defense, aerospace, communications, industrial electronics, educational, and R&D fields.
Conclusion: Rigol DS4034 is a compelling option when it comes to a digital storage oscilloscope. It is useful for various applications and fields. It has superb specifications, easy-to-use design, and convenient functions. Rigol DS4034 comes as a complete package.
#2. Rigol DS4024 Digital Oscilloscopes
Rigol DS4024 is also a good digital oscilloscope. You can use it for debugging in the embedded design & test areas requiring simultaneous measurement of both digital and analog signals. It offers superb specifications, easy-to-use design, and convenient functions that can help you fulfill different tasks like remote control and measurement. This device will help you get the job done in no time.
It comes as a complete package. You’ll have 140M point memory, 200 MHz bandwidth, four analog channels, 4 GSa/s sample rate, and many more. Rigol DS4024 is an electric-powered device.
Conclusion: This product is also a nice offer from Rigol. It has brilliant features and functions that can please every user. This oscilloscope is best for various purposes and for both beginners and experienced users.
#3. Rigol DS4014 100 MHz Digital Oscilloscope with 4 Channels
Rigol DS4014 is a 100 MHz digital storage oscilloscope that has four channels, 4 GSa/s sampling rate, and 140M point memory. It is a multifunctional device designed to be useful for various areas, like defense, communication, aeroscope, industrial electronics, educational, and many more.
It has 100 MHz bandwidth that will be enough for your needs. Rigol DS4014 comes as a complete package. It is an electric-powered device that can provide accurate results at the time you need them most.
Conclusion: Rigol DS4014 is a good option when it comes to a digital storage oscilloscope. It has remarkable features and functions that can suit all your basic needs.
#4. Rigol DS1104Z-S Digital Oscilloscopes
Rigol DS1104Z-S is a beautiful digital storage oscilloscope. This product is the latest economic level 4-channel oscilloscope with 100 MHz bandwidth and dual-channel 25MHz waveform creator. It is lightweight and has a compact design. In terms of performance, you can expect great results from Rigol DS1104Z-S. It gives surprisingly accurate waveform viewing and calculations. It can also provide up to 30,000 wfms per second waveform acquisition.
Therefore, this device is suitable for various purposes like production tests, research, design, field service, and other applications that entail digital or analog circuit assessments and troubleshooting, tutoring, and training.
Conclusion: Rigol DS1104Z-S is also a good choice when it comes to digital store oscilloscopes. It has impressive performance and interesting features that most users appreciate. This device aims to give customers the best value for their money.
#5. Rigol DS1104Z Plus 100 MHz Digital Oscilloscope with 4 Channels
Rigol DS1104Z is a top-quality four-channel oscilloscope with 100 MHz bandwidth and a 1GSa/s real-time sampling rate. This device also comes with a large 7-inch WVGA intensity-graded colored display for vibrant and easy viewing.
Aside from that, Rigol DS1104Z has the easily accessible source control button and four accessible analog channel ports. It comes with the industry-leading 12Mpts memory that you can upgrade to 24 Mpts and a good waveform capture rate that goes up to 30,000 wfms per second. With all those things, Rigol DS1104Z can be an excellent solution for almost every application.
Conclusion: Rigol DS1104Z is a good device to use for almost any application. It’s a compelling offer from Rigol considering the features and extras present in this product. With that, it may be able to give the best value for your money.
#6. Rigol DS1104Z 100 MHz Digital Oscilloscope with 4 Channels
Rigol DS1104Z is a four-channel digital store oscilloscope with 70MHz ~ 100MHz bandwidth and sample rates of 1GSa per second. It uses most of the newest innovative processes and technologies to offer you the best possible computations and results. This device will try to amaze you with its supreme performance and functionality.
As a digital store oscilloscope, you can use Rigol DS1104Z for various markets such as communications, computer, semiconductor, defense, aerospace, instrumentation, and many more. This device guarantees good deeper memory, 30,000 wfms per second waveform capture rate, and a multi-level intensity-grade display.
Conclusion: Rigol DS1104Z is also a nice offer from Rigol as it has incredible features and good performance. All these things will aim to offer the best bang for the buck.
#7. Rigol DS1102D 100MHz Digital Oscilloscope with Logic Analyzer
Rigol DS1102D is a nice digital store oscilloscope with two analog channels and 100 MHz bandwidth. It also comes with 1GSa/s maximum real-time sample rate as well as 25GSa per second. The device has a 5.7-inch TFT QVGA with 64K colored LED backlight screen. It has the most important features like sixteen channels logic analyzer, pattern cursor exam, mixed test, and data memory.
Likewise, Rigol DS1102D offers more trigger modes. These include pulse width, edge, slope, pattern, video, continuous time, and alternate trigger. It also has more interface configurations such as the USB device and standard configuration USB host.
Conclusion: This digital store oscilloscope seems a good offer due to its features. It offers more options for trigger modes which means this device can be very useful for various purposes.
#8. Rigol DS1102E 100MHz Digital Oscilloscope, Dual Analog Channels
Rigol DS1102E is an economical digital store oscilloscope that guarantees outstanding performance. It has dual channels and one exterior trigger channel. It gives twenty forms of wave parameters for automatic measuring which has ten voltage and 10-time parameters. In the cursor mode, you can easily measure the wave by moving the cursor. Aside from that, there are three forms of optional cursor measurement namely Track, Manual, and Auto.
Moreover, this device comes with efficient PC application software named UltraScope that will enable you to capture and gauge wave, carry out a remote or local operation, and save the recorded file in different formats. Other remarkable features you can see in this device include the built-in help menu for easier access to any important information.
Conclusion: This digital store oscilloscope looks nice with its interesting features and functions. It offers plenty of features that will surely help you finish the job in no time.
#9. Rigol DS1074Z Digital Oscilloscopes
Rigol DS1074Z is a nice-looking digital oscilloscope that has four channels, 12 Mpt memory, and up to 1 GSa per second sampling rate. It also comes with 70 MHz bandwidth, 12Mpts deep memory, and high waveform capture rate that goes up to 30,000 wfms per second. This device also comes with a multi-level intensity grade display that guarantees a vibrant view and good readability.
Just like other digital store oscilloscopes made by Rigol, this device uses most of the newest processes and technology. Therefore, you can hope for good and accurate results from this unit.
Conclusion: Apart from having nice features, Rigol DS1074Z guarantees good performance and accurate results. With that, the device can offer the best bang for your buck.
#10. Rigol DS1054Z Digital Oscilloscopes
Rigol DS1054Z has four channels, 12Mpt memory, and a 1 GSa per second sampling rate. The device comes with 50 MHz bandwidth and guarantees good performance and accurate results. Its standard deeper memory capacity is upgradable to 24Mpt by using a software key. Also, Rigol DS1054Z offers as much as 30,000 wfms per second waveform capture rate.
This device is suitable for every user. Most users are students, schools, companies, and home hobbyists. The product is a risk-free investment as it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Conclusion: This digital store oscilloscope is a good offer from Rigol. It has nice features, good performance, and a money back guarantee for your peace of mind.
#11. Rigol DS1052E 50MHz Digital Oscope with 2 Channels
Rigol DS1052E is one of the most popular digital store oscilloscopes made by Rigol. This device set the newest standard for capability and technology. It features one million points of deeper memory, record-and-replay function, FFTs, roll mode, alternate trigger mode, changeable trigger sensitivity and many more.
This device has 50 MHz bandwidth and twenty automatic measurements. It also comes with a 64k TFT colored LCD display that guarantees clear and easy viewing. You will love its ultra-compact design. The device measures 303mm by 154mm by 133mm.
Conclusion: Rigol DS1052E is a compelling offer as it comes as a complete package. You’ll get a power cord, two probes, and the software CD with the device in just one box.
List of 6 Best Rigol Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes:
#12. Rigol MSO2102A – Channels: 2, Bandwidth: 100 MHz
Rigol MSO2102A is one of the newest mixed signal oscilloscopes made by Rigol. It features 100 MHz bandwidth with 2 GSa per second sampling rate and 14Mpts standard memory. It also comes with reduced noise front end and 50 Ohm input. Rigol MSO2102A comes with two analog channels and 5.000 ns/div up to 1.000 ks/div time base scale. The estimated rise time is 3.5ns.
This oscilloscope has replay and analysis functions, up to 65,000 frames triggering and decoding across analog and digital channels.
Conclusion: Rigol MSO2102A is a nice offer to consider if you are looking for a mixed signal oscilloscope with more than 50 MHz bandwidth. The device has awesome features and other extras, allowing you to concentrate on your task immediately.
#13. Rigol MSO2072A-S Mixed Signal Oscilloscope 70MHz, 2+16 MSO + 2 CH Source
Rigol MSO2072A-S is a good-looking mixed signal oscilloscope offered to you by Rigol. The device features 2 GSa per second and 14 Mpts standard memory with reduced noise front end. It also boasts 50 Ohm input as well as 2 ch source embedded. Rigol MSO2072A-S comes with 70MHz bandwidth and sixteen digital channels (MSO) with sources. It also comes with two analog channels.
The computed rise time for Rigol MSO2072A-S is 5ns. Lower noise floor, Wider vertical range: 500uV/div.
Conclusion: Rigol MSO2072A-S is an interesting mixed signal oscilloscope with remarkable features. It guarantees good performance and long-lasting quality.
#14. Rigol MSO2072A – Channels: 2, Bandwidth: 70 Mhz
Rigol MSO2072A is a two-channel mixed signal with 14Mpts standard memory and 2 GSa per second sampling rate. It also guarantees reduced noise front end. Besides, the device has 50 Ohm input and 70 MHz bandwidth plus sixteen digital channel (MSO). Rigol MSO2072A has two analog channels and 5ns computed rise time. It also guarantees 5.000 ns/div to 1.000 ks/div. time base gauge.
Conclusion: Rigol MSO2072A is also a compelling option when it comes to mixed signal oscilloscopes. It has nice features, good performance, and guaranteed long-lasting quality, giving the best value for your money.
#15. Rigol MSO1104Z-S – Channels: 4, Bandwidth: 100 Mhz
Rigol MSO1104Z-S is a good-looking mixed signal oscilloscope crafted by Rigol. This tool features 100 MHz bandwidth, four analog channels, and sixteen logic channels (MSO).
It comes with a 1 GSa per second maximum sampling rate, a 25 MHz, 2 ch source and plus 12 Mpt memory.
Conclusion: Rigol MSO1104Z-S has the best things about a good MSO. It has great features and acceptable performance that will try to give the biggest bang for the buck.
#16. Rigol MSO1104Z – Channels: 4, Bandwidth: 100 Mhz
Rigol MSO1104Z features 100 MHz signal oscilloscope, four analog channels, and sixteen digital logic channels. The maximum sampling rate for this device is 1G Sa per second and plus 12 Mpt memory.
A variety of trigger functions built in 2 channel 25MHz signal source (MSO/ DS1000Z-S).
Conclusion: Rigol MSO1104Z is a nice-looking mixed signal oscilloscope. It’s a big bang for the buck as it comes with brilliant features, decent performance, and guaranteed quality.
#17. Rigol MSO1074Z-S – Channels: 4, Bandwidth: 70 MHz
Rigol MSO1074Z is an electric benchtop mixed signal oscilloscope. It comes key features such as four analog channels, sixteen digital logic channels, 70 MHz bandwidth, 12Mpt standard memory, and up to 1 GSa per second sampling rate.
It has 30,000wfms/s real time waveform record, replay and analysis functions, up to 60,000 frames triggering and decoding across analog and digital channels.
Conclusion: Rigol MSO1074Z is a good offer from Rigol. It has compelling features and performance that never fail to entice consumers.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Oscilloscope for Your Needs
Whether you want digital storage or mixed signal oscilloscope, you must consider the following factors that will help you make the right choice:
• Sampling Rate – often, an oscilloscope has 2 varying sampling modes or rates. These are the RTS or real-time sampling and ETS or equivalent-time sampling. The device specifies them in either Giga or mega-samples per second (GS/s or MS/s). When assessing an oscilloscope, be sure you know which kind of sampling the spec applies to. Usually, manufacturers list a higher specification to look good. But, ETS sampling works only with the repetitive signals because it forms the waveforms through successive acquisitions. When the signals are mostly transient, single-shot, or varying, you can just use the RTS sampling which is commonly a couple of scales lower in the sample rate compared to ETS.
• Bandwidth – experts typically suggest an oscilloscope that has a bandwidth that is five times higher compared to the highest frequency of a signal you want to measure. It guarantees the accurate representation of a waveform. A high-bandwidth scope is somewhat expensive, so think about your budget.
• Memory Depth – a digital oscilloscope stores taken sample points in the memory. The size of memory a device has will determine how long the scope can store a signal before dumping it. If the memory is not enough, it may limit the device’s effective sampling rate. It becomes more apparent when you zoom in on the signal.
• Resolution – a digital oscilloscope is mainly for digital signals, which means it has an 8-bit resolution. In viewing analog signals like for automotive, audio, and environmental monitoring, you should have at least a 12-bit but not more than the 16-bit scope. In the case of a higher resolution, 1% accuracy is attainable.
• Probes – some manufacturers withhold in terms of oscilloscope probes. Probes must match or even exceed the scope’s bandwidth. Getting the ideal probe for a specific application is important. For faster signals, choose an active FET-amplifier probe. Pick a differential isolated probe if you’re dealing with high voltages.
• Channels – in this digital world, a conventional two-channel or four-channel oscilloscope is insufficient for viewing all the signals. The MSO or mixed-signal oscilloscope gives two to four analog channels as well as 16 digital channels intended for logic timing. It will eliminate the need for a fused special software or oscilloscope solution and logic analyzer to isolate activity.
• Handheld vs. PC Scopes – if you want to bring your device in the field, then you must choose an external PC-based oscilloscope module which you can plug into your laptop. A handheld oscilloscope typically has a smaller display which tends to be unreadable when you’re outdoors. Its battery life is shorter than the other types of scopes. In fact, it is somewhat expensive. Its advantage over the PC-based oscilloscope is its small size and rugged design.
• Don’t Buy an Analog Oscilloscope – Don’t choose an analog oscilloscope except if you’re a collector. The analog type has fewer advantages compared to a digital oscilloscope. Besides, manufacturers are now making a digital oscilloscope instead because of the limited performance and availability of spare parts for an analog oscilloscope.
Whatever the type is, you can use an oscilloscope for:
• Detecting how much noise exists in the circuit
• Detecting the amplitude and frequency of the signals. This may be critical in debugging the circuit’s input, output, and internal systems. From this, you will learn if the component in your circuit is functioning or not
• Recognizing the wave’s shape, which can be triangle, square, sine, complex, sawtooth, and so on
• Measuring phase differences among two signals
General Conclusion: Rigol is certainly one of the best brands of oscilloscopes. These top 17 oscilloscopes have pleasing features, performance, and quality suitable for your needs. Choose one based on your needs and budget for your satisfaction.
- #1. Rigol DS4034 350 MHz Digital Oscilloscope with 4 Channels
- #2. Rigol DS4024 Digital Oscilloscopes
- #3. Rigol DS4014 100 MHz Digital Oscilloscope with 4 Channels
- #4. Rigol DS1104Z-S Digital Oscilloscopes
- #5. Rigol DS1104Z Plus 100 MHz Digital Oscilloscope with 4 Channels
- #6. Rigol DS1104Z 100 MHz Digital Oscilloscope with 4 Channels
- #7. Rigol DS1102D 100MHz Digital Oscilloscope with Logic Analyzer
- #8. Rigol DS1102E 100MHz Digital Oscilloscope, Dual Analog Channels
- #9. Rigol DS1074Z Digital Oscilloscopes
- #10. Rigol DS1054Z Digital Oscilloscopes
- #11. Rigol DS1052E 50MHz Digital Oscope with 2 Channels
- #12. Rigol MSO2102A – Channels: 2, Bandwidth: 100 MHz
- #13. Rigol MSO2072A-S Mixed Signal Oscilloscope 70MHz, 2+16 MSO + 2 CH Source
- #14. Rigol MSO2072A – Channels: 2, Bandwidth: 70 Mhz
- #15. Rigol MSO1104Z-S – Channels: 4, Bandwidth: 100 Mhz
- #16. Rigol MSO1104Z – Channels: 4, Bandwidth: 100 Mhz
- #17. Rigol MSO1074Z-S – Channels: 4, Bandwidth: 70 MHz
- Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Oscilloscope for Your Needs