In today’s technological streaming world, the contemporary generation is running after any kind of electronic gadget, which comprises of an array of features and looks good as well. Portable Blu-Ray players and DVD players both top the list among electronic gadgets. Which is worth buying and what would meet your expectations? Read on to know more.
Both of them have a user-friendly interface, are functional and are equipped with a number of features that will make your journey enjoyable and exciting as well. So which one should you go for? Find out more about Blu-Ray vs DVD player to know which is a best choice for you.
Quick Comparison: Top 12 Best Portable Blu-Ray Players & DVD Players
|#1. NAVISKAUTO 10.1 inch|| - Long Term Battery Life|
- Durable Design
- Easy Setup and Operation
|#2. Sylvania 11.4-Inch|| - Reasonable Price|
- Easy to Ready Manual
- Looks Nice
|#3. Azend Group|| - Large, 10-inch LCD screen|
- Compatibility with Blu-Ray & HD
- Exceedingly thin design
|#4. Sony BDP-SX910|| - Touch-sensitive controls|
- Plays USB stored content
- Supports a wide variety of video/audio formats
|#5. Maxmade BDPM1301|| - Great screen size|
- Good picture resolution 1080p
|#1. DBPOWER 10.5″|| - Great picture quality with good sound|
- Affordable price
- Well balanced colors
|#2. NAVISKAUTO 12.5 inch|| - Fantastic sound and picture quality|
- Battery lasts for a long time
- Easy to operate with good screen swivels
- Lightweight and easy to hold
|#3. COOAU 11.5″|| - Long battery life that goes up to 5 hours|
- The screen is impressive
- Excellent swivel function for the screen
|#4. SYNAGY 10.1 inch|| - Great features at an affordable price|
- Minimal distortion at various screen angles
- Comprise of remote, batteries for the remote
- Three power sources
- Rechargeable battery lasts longer
|#5. DR.J 14.1 inch|| - Long lasting battery|
- Can be turned into any angle
|#6. NAVISKAUTO 10.1″|| - Big-size and quality high-definition monitor|
- Lasting battery life
- Light weight 4 pounds
- Can be plugged onto a larger flat screen
|#7. Sylvania 15.6-inch|| - Extremely light weight and portable|
- Nice fit and finish
- Swivel help in perfect angle
These are some of the three best portable Blu Ray players that you can choose from if you are planning to purchase a Blu Ray player.
#1. NAVISKAUTO 10.1 inch Full HD Portable Blu-Ray DVD Player
A NAVISKAUTO 10.1-inch Portable Blu Ray DVD Player having dimensions of 266*42*203mm. has a black and white plastic housing, govern into a tilt-able screen for wide angled utilization. It incorporates a 200 Lux LED backlight 1024 x 600-pixel resolution supporting full HD videos. It provides an astounding visual experience creating multiple color spectrum within it. Nevertheless, the device isn’t compatible with 2K, 4K, and 3D Blu ray supported devices. It induces a 60 Hz 30 fps variety of video output and formats including mov, avi, mp4, vob, flv, mkv, trp, ts, mpg, and many more.
It’s operated through a 7.4-volt Li-ion battery with a 4000 MA current as needed. The device plays for more than 3 hours of utilization and 6 hours of maximum charging. The audio capability limits through a frequency range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The signal to power ratio is about 60 dB for speakers and 85 dB upon the usage of headphones. Consequently, the device supports audio formats such as Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, MP3, WMA, and AAC.
This 1200 gram portable Blu-ray DVD Player is only durable and working at temperatures from 5 to 40 degrees Celsius. It is also effective for utilization of humidity, not more than 90% as needed.
Incorporated in the package, the device comes with a wall charger, a car cigarette charger, an infrared remote control, a 3.5 mm to RCA AV Cable, and a user manual to aid on the utilization of the device.
Verdict: Not that expensive nor too cheap, this device is worthy of purchase. It has a user-friendly interface with intuitive LED screen resolution, supporting a variety of video, audio, and image formats. Though, a lot of users are a bit disappointed with no incorporation of 3D Blu ray into one of its supported formats. Nonetheless, it’s quite flexible. It could be used for SD card or USB with incorporated slots into the device as needed. Overall, it’s a recommendable device with a great battery life and 270 degrees wide angled screen that any other portable DVD players at a similar price won’t have.
#2. Sylvania 11.4-Inch 720p Portable Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, USB, and SD Multi-Media Player
A more improved and bigger model, Sylvania 11.4-Inch 720p Portable Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, USB, and SD Multi-Media Player High-Resolution HD, is one important gadget to purchase today. This brings out a good quality picture backed by picture adjustment sliders. These sliders can work properly and correctly.
It has only a minimal sound while still needing external headphones or speakers. Benefit more from this device that allows you to watch a movie while on a trip. Watch from this while not thinking of getting disturbed by the others.
Be more delighted by the price that comes along from buying it. It could also be used as a blue-ray for your television adapters. Run it while it is on a battery.
This product is such a great buy for its easy to understand controls and large screen. It so far is considered the best option for the price.
Its screen size makes it a perfect option for a portable player. Love its excellent features of Blue-ray, HDMI, SD & USB, & MMC.
For such an easy to use and nice multi-media player, this Sylvania 11.4-Inch 720p Portable Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, USB, and SD Multi-Media Player High-Resolution HD is something to prioritize among other multi-media players.
Love this player and enjoy one movie from another.
Conclusion: An excellent player, Sylvania 11.4-Inch 720p Portable Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, USB, and SD Multi-Media Player High-Resolution HD proudly sets itself apart from the rest. It has a minimal sound, and a good quality picture makes it incomparable to other models.
#3. Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 Maxmade Portable 10-Inch Blu-Ray DISC/DVD Player
The Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 Portable 10-Inch Blu-Ray DISC/DVD Player is equipped with a high definition 10.1” swivel screen and is also compatible with DVDs. There is a 3 in 1 card reader that allows the viewer to play photos, video or audio files or can also be connected to an USB drive for additional entertainment. The HDMI output enables you with the power to connect this machine to your personal TV. The rechargeable battery gives a 4.5 hours life to this Blu Ray player as well. The player is accompanied with a car adaptor, a remote control, an AC adapter, an AV cable and a carry bag.
• 3-Dimensional Capability
• 4K Upscaling
• Digital Living Network Alliance
• Sound-Surround Capability
• Navigation and Picture Controls
• A/V and USB Connections, Memory Card Slots
• Disc Capacity and Formats
• BD-Live and Bonus View
Verdict: This model is definitely the one to choose from because of its swivel display that allows for wider viewing angles, and can be used in groups as well. The MMC card capacity lets users watch digital HD films, which has been purchased from one of the several DRM-free online stores. The player also features a LAN connection used to enable BD Live interactive features.
#4. Sony BDP-SX910 Portable Blu-ray Player
The Sony Portable Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-SX910 is a very attractive gadget which definitely upscales your DVDs and also boasts of a high-resolution 22.8cm (9”) LCD with widescreen display and 180° swivel. You can find the accurate and perfect angle to watch a full HD streaming 1080p movie for up to 4.5 hours of viewing, too, thanks to the built-in rechargeable battery.
• 22.8cm (9”) high-resolution LCD screen with 180° swivel
• Enjoy all your movies in Full HD quality
• Upscales DVDs to near HD quality
• Built-in USB and HDMI inputs
• Up to 4.5 hours of viewing time from a single charge
• Flat-viewing orientation that should feel very familiar to tablet users
• HDMI output that instantly transforms the Sony unit into a standard Blu-ray disc player
• Optional touch-sensitive keys surround the display with easy and familiar options such as play, stop, fast-forward and pause.
Verdict: The Sony Portable Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-SX910 is definitely a fantastic gadget that provides a 4+-hour battery powered portable that’s lightweight enough so that it can also be carried around and kept on your lap as well for long time viewing. Lack of extruding buttons and clamshell shape make it user friendly and the Blu Player also provides you with high quality viewing on the LCD panel.
#5. Maxmade BDPM1301 13.3 Portable Blu-ray/DVD Disc Player
You can play various Blu Ray disks at home or on the go with the MAXMADE 13.3” Blu-ray DVD Player. This gadget has especially been designed to play videos, photos, and audio files anywhere at any time. The play offers great viewing performance and entertainment on the go.
• HDMI output which allows you to connect the device to your TV
• LAN PORT that allows internet connection in your home network
• Long lasting battery which lasts up to 4.5 hours when fully charged
• USB drive for extra entertainment
• Convenient design for easy handling like a tablet
• 1080p High Resolution which delivers clear and sharp images
• Swivel screen, which allows for convenient viewing
Verdict: This is one of the best Blu Ray players at an affordable price with an assortment of features that you should definitely look out for.
These are some of the best portable DVD players that you can look out for:
#1. DBPOWER 10.5″ Portable DVD Player with Rechargeable Battery, Swivel Screen, SD Card Slot and USB Port
This DBPOWER Portable DVD player comprises of a 10.5-inches TFT-LCD screen with a swivel screen of around 270 degrees and 180 degrees flip design that makes viewing a pleasure.
• SD card slot and USB port which can play any media content
• Compatible with a variety of formats like MP3 files, VOB, WMA, JPEG, VCD, CD, DVD, R/RW, DVD+, AVI, MPEG1 as well as XVID.
• Features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which lasts for up to 3 hours as you enjoy your favorite movies while traveling.
• Screen of the device can swivel for easy and flawless visibility and is shock resistant as well
• Accompanied with AC Adapter, Car Adapter, User Manual, Remote control and single AV cable.
Verdict: This is a perfect DVD player for people on the go. Its picture and sound quality are good enough with a simple and user-friendly user interface, which makes it a favorite among kids as well.
#2. NAVISKAUTO 12.5 inch HD Portable DVD and CD Player with USB/SD Reader
The NAVISKAUTO 12.5 inch HD Portable DVD and CD player features a big 12.5-inches High Definition Digital TFT-LCD Screen and a swiveled screen of 270 degrees that can help you to rotate the screen at an angle that you would like to. The screen resolution of this device is 1366 by 768.
• Has an inbuilt rechargeable lithium-ion battery which lasts for around 5 hours of viewing time as you are on the move
• Has a memory which allows you to pick up wherever you left off your music CD or movie
Verdict: This is indeed one of the best DVD players that you should decide to buy if you are a person who travels frequently.
#3. COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player with 9.5″ Swivel Screen
If you are looking for a portable DVD player that you can use while traveling, COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player is an ideal pick for you. The DVD player has a built in battery that can play up to 5 hour and you can also charge it up with the help of a free car charger that can also be plugged into your vehicle.
• Supports all kinds of media formats as well as USB and SD card
• 11.5-inch swivel screen provides you a better angle when watching movies
• Stylish design with a complementary color which is available in shades of purple, red, black, and blue
Verdict: In all, this DVD player is a compact one that is affordable with various features and makes traveling easy and exciting.
#4. SYNAGY 10.1 inch Portable DVD Player with Screen & SD Card Slot
Has the basic features that are easy to use with a simple user interface and easy accessibility and all controls are nicely laid out. Now watch your favorite movie with seamless streaming with this great DVD player.
• Break-point memory function that let’s you play where you last left it.
• Multiple media formats that so you can play your movie library unlimited
• Swivel screen also gives you a better angle while sitting or lying down
• External speakers to enhance the audio.
Verdict: A great DVD player with impressive features at an affordable price.
#5. DR.J 14.1 inch 7 Hours Portable DVD Player with SD Card Slot and USB Port
This DVD player is ideal for those who can compromise on the specification but want good performance.
• 7 hours long battery life to enjoy 2 DVDs
• Supports all popular video and audio formats
• Package includes a car charger and power adapter
• Swivel and flipping for perfect viewing angle adjustment
Verdict: This is one of the most affordable DVD players with good and reliable performance.
#6. NAVISKAUTO 10.1″ IP67 Waterproof Portable DVD Player with Ultra-thin TFT HD Screen
The NAVISKAUTO 10.1″ IP67 Waterproof Portable DVD Player is a good idea for kids who are traveling. There are various features of this device apart from being tough and waterproof.
• Large 10.1 inch HD screen that has fairly decent clarity and brightness
• Waterproof unit that makes it easy to use in the bathroom or swimming pool
• This is a versatile machine. You can use DVDs, both types of DVDRs, you can use both SD, MMC, and USB sticks
Verdict: This is the highest quality machine with a large screen and kickstand features.
#7. Sylvania 15.6-inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD Player with USB & SD Card Slot & Rechargeable Battery
This is one of the most lucrative DVD players with a large 15.6 inches screen and a high resolution to provide you with the best viewing experience.
• Anti shock body that protects the DVD player from any kind of shock
• Can be carried from one place to another
• 2.5 hours continuous battery backup
• Can be used on the go
• Can be controlled with remote
Verdict: This is one of the best DVD players that can be used on the go with an extremely lightweight and stylish look.
Blu-Ray Player Vs DVD Player – Which Should You Buy?
Portable Blue Ray Player
Experience the ultimate HD experience with a wide range of Blu-Ray players. A Portable Blue Ray player helps you to watch Blue Ray and DVD movies anywhere on the go- You can use it during your vacation, in the flight, on the terrace, while traveling and more. Apart from that, you can also play other digital video formats directly from the USB sticks.
DVD player is a device that plays DVD disks. In addition to DVD movies and music CDs, the DVD players support plus and minus formats. It plays DVD disks under both DVD video and DVD audio technical standards as well as audio CDs.
A Blu Ray player can play both Blu Ray and DVD, but a DVD player cannot play back a Blu Ray disk. A DVD player is only specific for that format of video and thus according to many people it is good to upgrade to a HD portable Blu Ray player.
The main difference between DVD players and Blu Ray players are:
• Laser technology
• Player compatibility
• Storage capacity
What are the differences in quality between a Blu-Ray and a DVD?
If we talk about quality of Blu Ray vs DVD is that the Blu Ray resolution has more higher than DVD 4 times of pixels. So Blu Ray disc is higher quality and clearly details on images than DVD.
Final Thought: All these Blu-Ray and DVD players are the best electronic gadgets that every customer desires buying. All these gadgets are equipped with great features along with excellent sound and picture quality. Choose from the best Blue Ray and DVD players that are worth the look and the performance.
More: Instead of these Blu-Ray players or DVD players, you may wish to check out the portable record players and turntables for musical artist or music arranger. And if you want to convert Vhs tapes to DVD, then check out these converters.