Why Buy This Polk Audio RM705 Home Theater System?
Unlike other home theater systems that may cost an arm and a leg, the Polk Audio RM705 5.1 Home Theater System has a reasonable price tag. Homeowners looking to enhance their home entertainment experiences can connect this 5.1 speaker system to TVs, PCs, gaming consoles, or Blu-Ray players. It’s also a nice speaker system for beginners in the audiophile industry to test the waters without having to immediately splurge on high-end products.
- Complete 5.1 channel surround sound speaker set; includes four satellites, one center channel, and one subwoofer
- Heavy duty, non resonant composite enclosures feature an elegant, high gloss finish
- Reuleaux Triangular Polygon cabinet on satellites delivers maximum performance possible from such compact a speaker
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement next to HDTVs and monitors
- Mount the speakers on shelves or on the wall using flexible wall mount brackets
Introduction of Polk Audio RM705:
Opening the package of the Polk Audio RM705 5.1 Home Theater System brings you a set of speakers with a uniform gloss black finish. The casings make it look like the speakers are found in a premium price point. Owners will get a subwoofer, four satellite speakers, and a center channel speaker in the box. Speaking of the subwoofer, it’s an 8-inch model with downward-firing drivers for that added boost in the bass.
All of the speakers in this home entertainment system have drivers composed of polypropylene. This component ultimately helps the units to have acoustically pleasing audio performances. It ultimately does a great job in handling distortions while keeping the sound waves inside the speakers to boost volume and depth.
As for the satellite speakers, users can mount them on walls or place them on top of shelves. You can also place them near TVs or monitors for a forward-firing experience. Also, you don’t have to worry about the sound flickering the images on your TV as the design of the speaker prevents that issue from happening. There’s also a magnetic shielding found on each speaker to prevent any picture or sound distortion from taking place.
Owners may also turn this 5.1 surround sound system into a 6.1 or even a 7.1 setup. All the speakers in the RM705 share the similar configurations with only subtle differences. Hence, you can purchase additional speakers from the RM series to bring more life to your home entertainment system.
Lastly, it has an Anti-Diffraction Baffle feature that allows the RM705 speaker system to prevent diffractions. In other words, it offers maximum sound dispersion and delivers excellent audio frequency response across the board. The resulting audio performance presents additional sound clarity in video games, movies, TV shows, and music.
Polk Audio RM705 5.1 Home Theater System Review:
If you’ve heard audio performances from high-end home entertainment systems, then don’t expect too much from the Polk Audio RM705 5.1 Home Theater System. The sound coming from the speakers decently reflect its price point. It offers the right amount of power in the bass and volume without distorting the audio.
Still, the 50 Watts of power (100 Watts at peak performance) is still impressive for the speaker system. Its 8-inch bass drivers deliver plenty of punch in the lows that you can feel the explosions in action-packed car chases or the strums of the bass guitars in your favorite tracks. Connecting it to different media devices such as TV sets, PCs, video game consoles, and Blu-Ray players presents a uniform audio performance.
Furthermore, its maximum volume shows its prowess in the loudness department. Even if you push the volume all the way to its maximum level, its distortion-suppressing features play a major role in keeping the clarity and bass for excellent listening experiences.
However, audiophiles may find its maximum volume levels to be underwhelming as there are some similar home speaker systems that can eke out more loudness than the RM705. Nonetheless, if you’re looking for an upgrade to your basic home entertainment system without breaking the bank, then the Polk Audio RM705 is a good option.
Specs & Features
– Speaker Type: 5.1 Channel Surround Sound
– Driver Configuration: 8-inch Subwoofer, 1x 2.5-inch Midrange, 1x 0.5-inch Tweeter
– Audio Sensitivity: 89 dB
– Impedance: 8 ohm
Subwoofer Amplifier Specs:
– Continuous Average Output: 50 Watts
– Dynamic Power Output: 100 Watts
– 200V Availability: Yes
– Power: 50 Watts (100 Watts Peak)
– Dynamic Power Output: 100 Watts
– Sub-woofer: 13 7/8 x 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches
– Satellite speakers: 6 1/8 x 3 13/16 x 3 3/4 inches
– Center-channel speaker: 3 4/5 x 9 7/16 x 3 3/4 inches
• The package includes 4 satellite speakers, 1 center channel speaker, and 1 subwoofer.
• Speakers come in durable and distortion-free composite enclosures with glossy finishes.
• Reuleaux Triangular Polygon cabinets are found on the satellite speakers to deliver optimum audio performance.
• Magnetic shielding covers the speakers for safe positioning when beside monitors and HD TVs.
• The satellite speakers are mountable on shelves or walls.
Anyone looking to upgrade their home entertainment setup without having to spend too much of their hard-earned cash should check out the Polk Audio RM705 5.1 Home Theater System. It’s a reasonably-priced find, especially for entry-level audiophiles.
Without a doubt, the RM705 has a competitive price tag. It also delivers a great audio output across the board with a sufficient amount of clarity in vocals and dialogues. Its bass performance is equally adequate that you’ll find explosions, gunshots, and bass-heavy tracks to give you goosebumps (the good kind).
Keep in mind that buying the right home entertainment speaker system is crucial, especially for first-time buyers. You don’t want to waste cash just to spend on a budget-friendly system but it might deliver subpar sound performances. Thankfully, Polk Audio offers the right features at the appropriate price range for beginner and intermediate audiophiles to enjoy.