Why Buy This Polk Audio RC80i?
The Polk Audio RC80i is a great audio investment because it excellently delivers an incredible stereo sound in your home. Just imagine playing your favorite songs or any type of music, dance, and chill out with these easy-to-hide speakers without utilizing shelf or floor space. Say goodbye to complicated installation and messy wires. Of course, say hello to stressful assembly and superior audio performance at its best! But what makes Polk Audio RC80i different from other in-ceiling speakers? What are its best features and what do customers say about this product? Is Polk Audio RC80i true to its promise? Let’s find out more about the Polk Audio RC80i. Let’s get started!
- GET SEAMLESS AUDIO QUALITY & POLK'S EXCELLENT SOUND REPRODUCTION with these timbre-matched overhead speakers that elevate the sound quality. ADD TO YOUR EXISTING HOME THEATER SETUP or build your own Polk collection for THE SAME GREAT POLK SOUND EVERYWHERE
- EXPERIENCE MORE BALANCED & LIFELIKE SOUND – Features an 8" dynamic-balance woofer & a 1" tweeter for adding more depth & detail to your music. Mineral-filled polymer cone & strong composite driver baskets create wider dispersion for EVEN-SOUND COVERAGE
- THE RUBBER SEAL DRIVES better response and PREVENTS MOISTURE ACCESS, a key feature for USE IN A BATHROOM, KITCHEN, SAUNA AND COVERED PORCH
- OUT OF THE BOX & RECESSED INTO THE CEILING - no mess, no extra assembly - in 3 simple steps QUICKLY & EASILY INSTALL these speakers. Leave the paintable aluminum grilles as is or spray paint to MATCH YOUR EXISTING INTERIOR and virtually make them disappear
- Polk's UNWAVERING COMMITMENT, RELIABILITY, AND CRAFTSMANSHIP, has made it one of the most trusted names in home audio speakers and entertainment systems. They bring out the BEST IN TECHNOLOGY, so you can SIT BACK, RELAX AND LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART
Introduction of Polk Audio RC80i In-Ceiling Speakers
The Polk Audio RC80i is a 2-way in-ceiling loudspeaker which boasts it’s easy and quick installation, wide dispersion design, and powerful composite driver baskets, delivering even sound coverage and keeping components in rigid alignment. These speakers are meant to fit into the holes in your ceiling drywall or a suspended ceiling tile with three “fingers” rotating outwards. On the back, these fingers are tightened and the trim ring found on the front of the Polk Audio speakers pull up to the outside, so the drywall is sandwiched.
These speakers sound very nice for in-ceiling and outdoor in-wall too, providing smooth and relaxed mid-range with good bass. You can also install it on your attic space to make sure there are no obstructions. If you’re an audiophile, you’ll love the surround sound. The main difference between the Polk Audio 6.5 inches model and the 8 inches versions is that the Polk Audio RC80i speakers have a better bass because of its larger cone.
Polk Audio RC80i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers Review
The Polk RC80i is made of durable and moisture resistant materials as well as rust-resistant hardware. You can install it and safely use in your kitchen, bathrooms, or even on saunas and outdoor eaves. It features powerful composite driver baskets with great strength to keep the moving components in rigid alignment. Also, you can use even in large rooms, maintaining its sound quality because of the wide-dispersion design. This amazing in-ceiling loudspeaker is also Polk Audio RTi Series timbre-matched for seamless imaging when it is used in your home theater system.
The Polk RC80i produces a high-quality sound because it uses an 8 inches dynamic-balance, an inch of metalized soft dome tweeter (15-degree swivel mount), and mineral filled polymer-composite cone (rubber surround). That is why you can easily aim the tweeter for direct high-frequency control, which creates spacious imaging with great clarity. It has a well-balanced sound regardless of listening position, as well as off-axis.
When it comes to installation, the RC80i is super easy to install. It requires only cutting a hole, feeding the wires through, and then simply dropping the Polk Audio speaker in. The Polk Audio RC80i virtually disappears in the room once installed because you can safely secure it in place with rotating cams and it doesn’t use any shelf or floor space like bookshelf speakers or tower speakers. The required minimum depth for the Polk Audio RC80i speakers is 3.2 inches. It can handle 20 to 100 watts RMS (Recommended Amplifier Power). If you have a drop ceiling, we would not recommend these speakers for you because they are too heavy. When it comes to the mounting hole, the cutout is 9 and 3/8 inches hole diameter.
For the gauge speaker wire, you can use a 14 gauge with spring loaded connector so you can quickly and easily insert a stripped wire right into the hole. Also, a 12 gauge might also fit.
Many are asking if the Polk Audio RC80i speakers come with open backs and enclosures. Yes, the backs are open. However, this is not an issue when you’re installing into a ceiling or a wall. That’s why it’s important to install it into a ceiling with good insulation, and not one that has blown insulation (loose cellulose). It prefers rolled fiberglass insulation, otherwise, loose insulation will affect the volume and sound quality over time. If you’re concerned about the amount of sound that the speakers transfer to the room, it will actually depend on your house’s construction. If there’s no insulation in your ceiling, you should place fiberglass insulation behind your Polk Audio RC80i speakers. Doing so will greatly reduce the sound transmission and improve the sound to the room where the speakers are installed.
Specs & Features
– Item Weight: 4.3 pounds
– Product Dimensions: 12.1 x 11.8 x 9.8 inches
– Timbre-matched overhead speakers for seamless audio quality
– 8 Inches dynamic-balance woofer for a balanced surround sound
– Rubber Seal Drives for a better response
– Easy to install and paintable aluminum grille
– 8 Ohm amplifiers compatible
When buying Polk RC80i speakers, remember that you might just realize they’re too big. However, remember that you’re actually buying 8 inches round speakers. These speakers provide a high-quality sound, with plenty of volumes, and clear and crisp highs. You’ll love the stress-free installation and the final result once you hear your favorite music being played all throughout your home. Enjoy listening to all types of audios with your family and friends using the amazing Polk RC80i speakers today!