There is stiff competition between Panasonic Arc5 and Braun Series 9. It is very difficult to pick the best from these two as both are based on highly advanced technology and offer great functionality. However, you should go through the most important features so that you can prefer one electric shaver than the other.
Panasonic Arc5 vs Braun Series 9: Which One Should You Buy?
Features of Panasonic Arc5
The Arc5 belongs to the high-end electric shavers from Panasonic. The shaving profile has an arched head. The number 5 stands for five number of cutting edges. There are three categories of Arc5 shavers in the market.
The first generation Arc5 shavers were released in 2009. The cleaning station is bulky as they were planned to hold detergent cartridges. The current generation shavers can hold sachets.
The second generation Arc5 shavers were launched in 2013. They are provided with automatic cleaning station. The detergent sachets were used for the first time in 2013. There will be great savings in terms of money.
The third generation Arc5 shavers were launched in 2015. The shavers implemented the automatic cleaning system. There were minor updates in September, 2016. Textured material was used for the thumb rest. Even though there will not be any improvement in the shaving performance, certain additional features were introduced in 2016.
Arc5 belongs to the latest generation that is being compared with the Braun Series 9. Hence, the greatest in Panasonic, Arc5 is being compared with the greatest in Braun, series 9.
- Sharp Men’s Shaver Blades: Panasonic Arc5 men's electric shaver with five ultra sharp precision honed 30° Nanotech blades and ultra thin Arc foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower
- Multi Flex Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw; Built in shaving sensor monitors differences in beard density and automatically adjusts cutting power for exceptional comfort
- High performance Motor with a Linear Drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 14,000 cuts per minute (70,000 crosscutting actions per minute) and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- LCD Battery Indicator: The shaver’s 10 stage LCD shows battery status at a glance; Rechargeable, portable and travel friendly
Features of Braun Series 9
Braun Series 9 was invented to replace the Braun Series 7. To remain on top in the electric shaver, Braun had introduced Series 9 to replace the redundant series 7. There are two generations of Series 9. And you also can take a look at our comparison of Braun Series 7 vs. Braun Series 9 here.
The original series 9 intended to present shavers with automatic cleaning use (wet and dry), automatic cleaning use (dry only) and no cleaning use (wet and dry). The shaving delivered by the unit is identical throughout the range.
The updated series 9 comes with minor modified features. The new generation trimmers appear in gold color.
- Braun’s most efficient and comfortable shaver for skin. Proven on 3 day beards.
- Intelligent SyncroSonic technology: The synergy of 4 specialized cutting elements and intelligent Sonic Technology with 40,000 cross-cutting actions per minute, designed to capture different types of hair.
- Quadruple action cutting system for maximum facial adaptability.
- OptiFoil for perfect closeness that lasts longer. Braun’s most advanced foil structure.
- World's only 5-action Clean&Charge Station: Hygienically cleans, charges, lubricates, selects cleaning program and dries at the touch of a button.Quick-charge for one shave in only 5 minutes
More: A comparison of top 3 brands “Braun vs Philips Norelco vs Panasonic“.
What are the differences?
If you go for ES-LV9A-S electric shaver from Arc5, there are several factors which contribute to the success of the shaver. There will be optimal contact with the skin. The hair will be cut cleanly with the sharp blade provided with the Panasonic Arc 5. The powerful motor will also contribute to the success of the electric shaver. As a matter of fact, Panasonic implements the same motor in series 3 as well.
The micro pulsations released by Braun series 9 will appear like a gentle massage on the skin. If you use Arc 5 on sensitive skin, you might experience irritation or rash. There might be small inconvenience as well. If you have a sensitive skin, you are advised to go for Braun Series 9.
The specially designed cutting elements present in Arc 5 and Series 9 can deal with the stubble in a very efficient manner. The quick comb blade present in Arc5 trimmer will let you make the most of your investment. The long hair will be cut with the blade and it can be trimmed further by using other cutting elements. The Series 9 has the capability to catch longer hair. Even though the hair grows in different directions, it can catch the hair very efficiently by using the direct & cut trimmer.
The Braun’s series of shavers come with specially designed elements. Hence, you can deal with long hair in the best possible way.
P.S: For more information about other Panasonic shavers, please check out this comparison.