Why Buy This Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speaker?
Audiophiles looking to own a pair of compact speakers that still pack a powerful punch to their audio performances may not want to look further than the Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speakers. Despite its compact nature, its low-end frequencies can deliver satisfying punches enough to satiate the desires of bass heads.
Its deep bass isn’t overpowering to drown out vocals and other areas of the audio spectrum. Users can even use the R-15M as part of a home entertainment system.
This pair of speakers is even great to add extra depth to a surround sound speaker system. Both units come with dual 5.25-inch copper IMG woofers to bring that satisfying “oomph” to each thunderous bass signature. It’s a perfect choice for individuals looking to add a satisfying home audio experience to small-to-medium-sized rooms.
- Get power and versatility in a small package, the Klipsch R-15M bookshelf speakers pack a mean punch.
- These speakers perform beautifully as a left,center,right, or surround.
- Dual 5.25" copper-spun high-output IMG woofers. Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet
- Klipsch Reference Bookshelf speakers feature a rear-firing port that is perfectly match to the cabinet and drivers.
- Features bass reflex via rear firing port enclosure type. Sensitivity 94 db at 2.83 volt per 1 minute
Last update on 2020-05-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Introduction of Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speaker
If Klipsch made happiness into audio signatures, it would come out of the brand’s R-15M Bookshelf Speakers. These bookshelf speakers may have a compact design, but it offers a large sound. Play your favorite movies, tracks, TV shows, and video games with the R-15M as your speakers and experience audio-listening pleasure for hours.
This pair of bookshelf speakers has a range of features ideal for many audiophiles out there. First, it has a 90 x 90 Tractrix Horn connected to an aluminum tweeter. These elements deliver high-end responses accompanied with great audio extension. The technology used also offers enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics regardless of the audio source to create a natural sound with powerful punches to low-end audio signatures.
Aside from the Tractrix Horn technology, the R-15M also comes with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter. With this element, it helps minimize distortion when playing audio at high volume levels. Sounds come out detailed and enhanced. Pairing the LTS tweeter is a copper-spun Injection Molded Graphite (IMG) woofer to present listeners with a remarkable low-frequency response. It also delivers minimal distortion and cone breakup. These speakers also have a rear-firing port to produce a great level of connection flexibility. Check out our complete guide about the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.
Klipsch R-15M Excursion and Bass Test
Klipsch R-15M Review
Let’s start with the design of the Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speakers. Take the pair of audio-listening devices out of their packaging and it’ll grace your eyes with its beauty. The premium design of these speakers is undeniable despite having a price tag made for the midrange market. Its refined look comes with an MDF-covered cabinet with black vinyl. As for its baffle, it’s smaller than many bookshelf speakers on the market but snuggly fits in the cabinet’s front panel.
Klipsch also decided to choose a striking copper color for the built-in woofer. With this design choice, there’s a stark contrast between the cabinet’s black theme and the copper accent. It’s a niche design that goes well with the overall premium aesthetic.
The speakers’ front panel is one of the cleanest designs you can see on bookshelf speakers. It presents a retro feel ideal for audiophiles looking for a modern pair of speakers with a slight vintage touch.
Moving on to its features, there’s no shortage of functionalities to like about the Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speakers. There’s the 1-inch aluminum LTS tweeter mated to the IMG copper spun woofer. There’s also the brand’s 90 x 90 Tractrix Horn technology that helps deliver satisfying clarity from a range of audio sources.
Each speaker in this set can deliver 85 watts of continuous power output (340 watts at its peak). Those figures translate to decent power output, especially after considering its compact architecture. Let’s not forget about the single binding posts to help with the stability of the units.
As for its performance, these bookshelf speakers can easily pass as monitoring units. The audio output almost has a flat profile despite having a definite punch in the bass department. Trebles are crisp and clear and listeners can clearly hear the enhanced imaging brought by the Tractrix horn. Check out our reviews of other bookshelf speakers Edifier S1000DB and KEF LS50.
- 5-way binding posts for great connection flexibility.
- Removable grille to add a rich and refined look for the speakers.
- IMG woofer spun with copper to make the speakers light enough to carry to different rooms.
- A rear-firing port to minimize turbulence even when playing audio with low frequencies.
- A Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter helps minimize distortion to deliver detailed audio performances.
- 90 x 90 Tractrix Horn mated to aluminum tweeters to deliver a high-end response, enhanced imaging, and great dynamics.
– Height: 12.5″; Width: 7″; Depth: 8.11″;
– Weight: 10.3lbs
– Frequency response: 62Hz – 24kHz +/- 3dB
– Sensitivity: 94dB @ 2.83V / 1m
– Power handling: (CONT/PEAK) 85W/340W
– Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms Compatible
– Low frequency extension: 54Hz
– Crossover frequency: 1800Hz
– Enclosure material: MDF
– Enclosure type: Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
– Inputs: Single binding posts
– Finish: Brushed Black Polymer Veneer
– High frequency driver: 1″ (2.54cm) Aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 90° square Tractrix® Horn
– Low frequency driver: 5.25″ (13.3cm), copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer
Design, flexibility, and performance – these are the greatest qualities of the Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speakers. Users of these speakers will tick plenty of boxes to like about when listening to the audio coming from these units. Clarity and balance are felt across the audio spectrum regardless of the audio source.
It does offer plenty of punch in the low-end frequencies which might disappoint some audiophiles looking for a purely flat audio profile. However, the bass isn’t too overpowering but may require a separate amplifier to tone down the low signatures. While it’s not the perfect pair of bookshelf speakers on the market, it comes close to reaching the top. This product even has an attractive price point even though it offers a premium array of features.
* Alternative: Klipsch R-15PM Powered Monitor Review – High-Performance Speakers.