What is FreedConn?
FreedConn is a manufacturer of riding accessories, and they have built quite a customer base for providing high-quality products. One of these is the FreedConn Bluetooth motorcycle helmet, which has been surrounded by a lot of hype since it came out.
In this short review, we pay attention to this helmet and see what it has to offer. To conclude, we evaluate whether this product is worth buying. Check out our review below.
FreedConn Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Review
- ✪ [ DOT Modular Motorcycle Helmet ] FreedConn Bluetooth helmet supports max intercom range up to 1640 feet for 2 riders talking or 3 riders pairing. We had meets and exceeds both ECE & DOT safety standards, don't worry about the safety while riding.
- ✪ [ 3.0 Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmets ] Motorcycle helmet with Bluetooth 3.0 technology allows you to enjoy music, FM, GPS voice prompt and intercom stably while riding, makes team motorbike communication more convenient and efficient.
- ✪ [ Crystal Clear Sound Helmet Intercom ] Built in 2 premium speakers with full stereo sound. Advanced DSP echo cancellation and noise suppression technology, FreedConn Bluetooth helmet offers you clear music and intercom voice at high speed.
- ✪ [ 1 Button Control Helmets Motorbike ] Bluetooth FM helmet supports hands-free call (answering, rejecting incoming calls and redialing last number) with 1 multi-functional button. Incoming phone call overrides intercom, MP3 music, FM radio and GPS navigation audio. You can trigger Siri voice command by long press the MFB button for 2 seconds.
- ✪ [ Long Battery Life & UPGRADE Package ] 8 hours intercom talk time and 110 hours of standby. Upgrade package comes with gloves ( same size as bluetooth motorcycle helmet). M/ L/ XL motorcycle helmet with washable liner, if the size doesn't fit well, we will send you bigger or smaller liner.
The helmet’s body is made of lightweight ABS shell made through plastic injection molding, so it should be rigid enough to withstand impact. It is equipped with an advanced ventilation system. This is a must in helmets, and we are glad it was not overlooked for the “smart” features. In addition, the cheeks pads and liner are removable, absorbent, deodorant, and easily cleaned.
There is an EPS cushion layer that is aseismatic, insulated, and sound-absorbing. The material is designed to withstand the elements well, which is of top importance in riding.
The FreedConn Flip Up Motorcycle Bluetooth Helmet’s main feature is its built-in intercom system, which is designed to provide high-performance communication functionalities to the helmet. This feature allows you to be in touch with up to two persons up to 500 meters away. We like this because it improves convenience and safety.
The FreedConn Flip up helmet uses Bluetooth 3.0, which is widely adopted by a large range of devices. This helmet can connect to your phone, GPS system, and music player. We believe this feature enhances the versatility and usability of the helmet.
Headset Profile (HSP), Handsfree Profile (HFP), and Advance Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) are supported. This further widens the applicability of the FreedConn Flip up Dual Visors Full Face Helmet.
The design of the helmet features a large one-button control. This is a good thing because it is easily noticeable. The last thing you want while riding is having to look away from the road to fumble around for a tiny button! This button can take calls, make an intercom, and turn on FM while you are riding.
Finally, the FreedConn Bluetooth helmet is certified by the DOT and the BQB. This product definitely sounds like a good choice.
Specs and Features
a. Design and Material Quality (5/5)
We want to give the FreedConn flip up dual visors full face helmet a 5 out of 5 because of its high-impact-strength material. The entire body should hold up well against the elements, seeing that it is sunproof and waterproof. We can also see that much thought was put into the body of the helmet. Even the liner and the cushion are of high-density material that improves comfort and ventilation.
b. Versatility (4/5)
The FreedConn helmet is versatile enough in our opinion. It even allows multitasking, particularly taking calls while music or GPS is turned on. You can listen to FM radio with it and even hear about news and traffic details while riding. The helmet can also function as a walkie-talkie. You can use it with up to two people up to 500 meters away. For these reasons, we give 4 out of 5 stars for versatility.
c. Quality/ Performance
The main function of a helmet is still protection, so we need to take a look at that first. Looking at the material used for the shell, liner, and cushion, plus the design or molding of the material itself, we think this helmet should be strong enough to protect against impact-related injuries well.
Then, we take a look at the extras, which include streaming FM radio, answering calls, accessing GPS, just to name a few. We think these are great supplements because they are the usual things a rider needs on the road.
d. Battery Operation (5/5)
This helmet has a 600 mAh rechargeable polymer battery. No information is yet available on charging time, but talk time over intercom is up to 9 hours, and that over phone is up to 12 hours. The standby time is 120 hours. We think that for the price, these are great numbers, so we are giving a 5 out of 5 for this.
e. Add-ons (5/5)
The FreedConn Flip up motorcycle Bluetooth helmet comes with a helmet bag, a microphone, a speaker, a USB cable, and a user manual. A charger (adapter) need not be added because any phone charging adapter you may have lying around will work just fine. We think this set of add-ons is sufficient and hence give the helmet a 5 out of 5 for this one.
We believe this helmet is well worth the price. It has some very neat features that are not even available on other helmets that are at this price point. Check out other review of Reevu MSX1 rear-view motorcycle helmet.
Looking at the aforementioned description of the FreedConn Flip up Dual Visors Full Face helmet, we think it is a first-rate helmet, especially if you consider the price.
You can rarely find all of the capabilities of this helmet in other models in this price range. The only issue we can think of about it at this point is a rather small one: In some models, the Bluetooth range is unlimited. But we guess the other features make up for this small limitation. Read our complete guide about ILM Bluetooth motorcycle helmet.
Is It Worth Buying?
We recommend the FreedConn Motorcycle Bluetooth Helmets for those who are looking for a smart helmet in this budget range. The price is reasonable, given the advanced functionalities and versatility of the helmet. We believe it has all the basics covered: protection, comfort, convenience. This helmet is certainly worth it.