Why Buy This FlashForge 3D Printer?
Head to the market to look for the best 3D printers and you may find your search to be a futile one. That may be a reality before until the FlashForge Creator Pro 3D Printer came into the scene. This device is a mid-range 3D printer and the successor to the FlashForge Creator.
The Pro version is an improvement to its predecessor in more ways than one. It has dual extruders which means it can cater to dual-colored prints whenever possible. Additionally, it creates less bed adhesion as opposed to many budget-friendly models out there.
Introduction of FlashForge Creator Pro 3D Printer
- Full manufacturer's warranty fulfilled by Flashforge, and free email support provided by expert FlashForge technicians
- A sturdy metal frame that is substantially more stable than the Creator's original wood frame.Build volume 8.9 X 5.8 X 5.9 inches
- Aviation level aluminum plate with a thickness of 6.3mm guarantee its surface is completely flat and will not warp during heating process
- Metal platform support plus 10mm guide rod ensure a precise Z axis movement and prevent platform arm from deforming. Filament Compatibility- PLA, ABS, PLA Color Change, Pearl, ABS Pro, Elastic, PVA, HIPS, PETG, TPE, TPU, Conductive Filament, Flexible Filament, Metal Filled Filament, Wood Filled Filament, and PP
- Enclosed chamber insulates and protects ABS prints.Filament Diameter:1.75 mm [0.069 in]
Last update on 2020-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Users of the original FlashForge Creator 3D Printer will find updated features with the Pro version. Now, it has a new build platform redesigned to promote a better and more stable vertical movement. There’s also a full metal platform that withstands high temperatures in the print bed to effectively reduce warping (a common problem for many 3D printers). While it’s not encased in metal design, the heavy-duty frame is still durable enough to withstand long-term use.
There’s also a powder-coated steel frame backbone that holds everything on the machine in place. With all the components snuggly fitting together, it presents itself to be a stable device with a 60% faster print speed than its predecessor. Creativity becomes limitless thanks to its dual extruder and open-sourced updates.
FlashForge Creator Pro 3D Printer Review
Upon first glance, you’ll see that the FlashForge Creator Pro 3D Printer is a closed unit. It lacks the raw building volume found in models with an open design. Despite limiting 3D printing ideas and projects, this design choice does make for a consistent temperature across the build platform at all times. Also, the closed design makes for constant ventilation throughout the printing process.
The unit also comes fully assembled with little to deal with out of the box. That can be a good thing because consulting the included instruction manual leaves much to be desired. Users may require a longer initial boot time because it may download firmware updates from the start. After the initial updates, using it is straightforward. It’s also worth mentioning that this 3D printer comes with a universal power supply. Hence, it doesn’t matter what country you belong when you order this unit, you’ll count on this 3D printer to work as intended.
Moving on to its features, perhaps its most advantageous elements are its two extruders. It means users can now 3D print in two colors instead of the industry standard one-colored printing. It also supports the printing of certain structures. The device also supports both PLA and PVA filaments so there’s little to worry about snapping off supports. Users need only to soak their finished models in water after it’s done.
Despite the additional versatility, the Creator Pro doesn’t support a broad range of filaments. Aside from PVA, you’re limited to using either PLA or ABS filaments. While it does limit the extent of certain projects, these filaments are already ideal for use for most users, especially for beginners.
With a layer resolution of 100 to 500 microns, printing small objects might become a challenge. Hence, the Creator Pro is better suited to print medium or large models.
Another great feature coming with the Creator Pro is the 6.3-millimeter aluminum build plate. It’s a temperature-resistant element that won’t let your models warp during the printing process. Even though it may challenge some users to use higher temperature levels, the recommended temperature is still about 90-degrees Celsius. Any higher than that figure and you risk models sticking to the plate.
Last, this 3D printer may require additional setup and calibration which may irritate some beginners. There’s no way to automatically calibrate the print bed so you have to do it manually. While it may sound daunting, there’s just a little amount of trial-and-error involved. After that, you can enjoy excellent dual-colored prints.
Specs & Features
– Printing Technology
– FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
– Build Volume: 227 L X 148 W X 150 H mm; 8.9 X 5.8 X 5.9 in
– Layer Resolution: 100~500 microns; 0.0039~0.019 in
– Positioning Precision: XY: 11 microns [0.0004 in]; Z: 2.5 microns [0.0001 in]
– Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm [0.069 in]
– Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm [0.015 in]
– Frame & Body
– Powder Coated Steel + PVC Panel
– Extruder Qty: Two
– Product Dimension: 526 x 360 x 550 mm; [20.7 x 14.1 x 21.7 in] – Shipping Dimension: 560 x 415 x 500 mm; [22 x 16.3 x 19.7 in] – Product Weight: 14.8 kg [32.7 lbs] – Shipping Weight: 21.5 kg [47.4 lbs] – Software: ReplicatorG
– File Type: STL, OBJ
– Operating Systems: Windows 7, Mac OS X, Linux
– Connectivity: USB, SD Card
– AC Input: 100-240 V, ~2amps, 50-60 Hz, 350 W
– A metal frame sits inside the Creator Pro to enhance stable construction and improve precision.
– A heated 6.3-millimeter aluminum build plate creates high-quality prints.
– Optimized for both ABS and PLA filaments for versatile printing.
– Durable components for long-term use.
3D printing users regardless of experience and skill level will get a kick out of using the FlashForge Creator Pro. This 3D printer is ideal for entry-level and veteran users alike. The price point is at a decent area and it’s even capable of using a range of filaments fit for most projects. Take advantage of a range of customization features. It’s not the perfect printer on the market, however, because of some caveats. Still, its positives far outweigh the negatives to make this 3D printer an ideal choice for people who want to try their hands in 3D printing.