Why Buy This 3D Printer?
The Dremel DigiLab 3D45 3D Printer is a device aimed for educators. It’s an easy-to-use device made for advanced users while teaching the fundamentals of 3D printing to students. Corporations may also take advantage of this machine’s features to create cost-effective models for certain projects.
Unlike many 3D printers on the market, the DigiLab 3D45 can cater to an expanded list of filaments. It supports nylon and eco-ABS. Also, the device has a filament detection system through RFID. All you have to do is insert the filament and the machine will automatically generate the ideal settings to get you ready to print without making additional steps.
Introduction of Dremel DigiLab 3D45 3D Printer
- PCMag 2018 Editors' Choice Award and Google for Education Partner – Dremel 3D45 3D Printer Kit
- Easily removable glass build plate heated up to 100°C and all metal 0. 4mm nozzle heated up to 280°C. Windows requirement-Windows (7,8,8.1,10). MAC requirement-Mac OS X Version 10.9+
- 5-inch full color touch screen with intuitive icons for easy setup and operation. Go from unboxing to your first print in less than 15 minutes
- Fully enclosed sturdy plastic design with a 6. 7" x 10" x 6" build volume for better prints, better safety and less chance for warping. A carbon filter and particulate filter are built-in as well
- Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in HD camera and included remote printing software so you can print and monitor your prints from anywhere. You can also print over a local network without internet, or via USB
With the Dremel DigiLab 3D45 supporting a range of filament materials, it caters to many projects as compared to other 3D printers that can only cater to a few (or one) filament type. Hence, users won’t have to worry about using higher temperatures when using this 3D printer as long as you use the right filament. Use polycarbonate, Nylon, and eco-ABS to create environment-friendly models without worrying too much about the device’s temperature levels.
This device also comes with a heated bad and build platform with the latter element being removable. It also caters to a maximum build volume of 10 x 6 x 6.7 inches. Its level bed is the semi-automatic sort and it takes advantage of a straightforward 2-point system. When combined, all these factors make the entire leveling process a breeze.
Check the device’s settings with the onboard 4.5-inch colored IPS touch capacitive screen. In this small but informative monitor, you’ll find out how much you should turn each knob to even the print area. The DigiLab 3D45 can print objects with a 50-micron resolution. Additionally, it has a high-temperature extruder and a fully-enclosed design.
Dremel DigiLab 3D45 3D Printer Review
For this quick review of the Dremel DigiLab 3D45, let’s start with its hardware components. Out of the box, the device looks and feels very solid. It has a fully-enclosed chamber and users will insert and remove materials from the top lid and front door. These elements are easy to deal with so there’s no need to pull an additional muscle just to make it work.
There is a bed leveling sensor but it’s hidden. You need to slide it out before starting a print. It may require additional effort before starting each 3D printing project, but it does decrease the chances of errors done during the procedure. Furthermore, there is a built-in carbon filter that filters out any harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) which is ideal for a classroom or office setting.
As for connectivity options, you can take advantage of wired printing through an ethernet cable or print projects from a USB flash drive.
Turn the machine on and the small 4.5-inch screen will also light up. In the monitor, you’ll see brightly lit and large icons placed in a well-thought-out layout. The settings you need for each project are all found here like changing temperatures, changing print speeds, altering fan cooling settings, and loading and unloading filaments. It also lets you take advantage of a pre-heat functionality to minimize mistakes during the 3D printing process. This feature is useful when you require printing at high temperatures.
Educators will get a kick out of the DigiLab 3D45’s monitoring features. While many 3D printers on the market only let you look at your project through a window, Dremel’s machine has a built-in camera. With it, you can remotely monitor projects in HD 720p resolution. There’s also an option to create time-lapse videos with it. You can even connect multiple Dremel 3D printers together through a Wi-Fi or ethernet connection for cloud storage purposes.
Filament handling for the DigiLab 3D45 is a mixed bag but it largely depends on the filament used. Use high-quality filaments and you get top-of-the-line results. Conversely, use low-quality filaments and projects may come out with multiple errors. Loading the filaments into the machine is a breeze. The spool with snap right into place with minimal effort. There’s also a filament guide clip so you’ll always know where to place the spool.
Slide in any filament and the machine will automatically recognize what you’re using. It takes advantage of an RFID chip to lessen the time it takes to prepare for each project.
You’ll find the Dremel DigiLab 3D45 to be one of the most excellent-performing 3D printers on the market. It won’t just cater to blocks, rounded objects, or basic shapes but it can even 3D print complicated designs like small human statues.
Dremel DigiLab 3D45 3D Printer Review
– Filament Type(s): PLA Filament
– Maximum Build Width (in): 6.7
– Cord Length: 5 ft
– Maximum Build Height (in): 6
– Voltage: 110V – 120V
– Amperage: 1.8
– Minimum Layer Thickness / Resolution (Microns): 100
– Maximum Build Depth (in): 10
– Filament Diameter(mm): 1.75
– Remote management and viewing of 3D printed objects.
– Reliable printing with patented assisted leveling.
– Caters to an expanded line of filaments offering flexibility for 3D printing.
– Rfid recognition configures settings depending on the filament used.
– Heated build plate.
– Enhanced extruder.
– Automatic print settings per filament type as soon as users insert the material to the spool rack.
– Reduced setup time.
– Reduced likelihood of misprints.
– An integrated onboard camera provides fleet management. This feature also helps users create time-lapse videos without needing a separate recording device.
– Caters to ABS and Nylon filaments.
The Dremel DigiLab 3D45 3D Printer delivers high-quality printed objects with the right filaments used. It’s best to use the proprietary filaments when using this printer’s features. Third-party filaments, especially low-quality models, may not do well with this printer. Also, even though the touch capacitive screen presents users with the right information, it’s not the most responsive out there. While there are some shortcomings, this 3D printer is still a great choice for most classroom and office settings.
Read More Reviews on Other 3D Printers as Alternative:
– FlashForge Finder 3D Printer Review – First Choice for 3D Printing Educators.
– Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer V2 Review – Great Value for Money.
– FlashForge Creator Pro 3D Printer Review – A Great & Popular Model.
P.S: If you are looking for a heat press machine to print on t-shirt, please click here.