If you’ve been using the Cricut Maker in almost of your arts and crafts projects, you probably know how good and beneficial is this cutting machine in all your arts and crafts projects. Whether you are using a paper, leather, fabric, and balsa wood – you can be sure that all possible materials can be cut by the Cricut Maker.
With the help of this cutting machine, you are also allowed to create and upload your own design wirelessly by means of its Bluetooth technology and its simple design app which is the Cricut Design Space. And take note that you can upload any file formats which is a good thing since you are not limited to do whatever you want.
Another great thing about Cricut Maker is that you will get more convenience while using this. Your job will be simplified, no more cluttering materials and wires, plus it has a docking slot for your smartphone and tablet which you can also charge using the USB port. So by just using this item, everything in your mind will happen with just a few clicks.
More: 15 best Cricut Bundle deals – Accessories for beginners
When it comes to its look, you will for sure love its minimalist vibe since it can suit different styles of the workspace. Additionally, you can expect that your work table will be given more space because you can work on your crafts wirelessly without too many clutters and other working materials.
All in all, the Cricut Maker is really incredible most especially now that they have added new features to it which will allow you to expand your skills! That means if you are already impressed and satisfied with the performance of the Cricut Explore Machines, this time you’ll feel the excitement and satisfaction with more exaggeration! So let’s see what is the new version of the Cricut Maker now (the predecessor of Cricut Maker is the Cricut Explore Air 2) and why everyone is going crazy about it!
Specs and Features of New Version of Cricut Maker
- Rotary blade which can cut ANY types of fabrics and no need to use a separate fabric cutter.
- Sewing pattern library within the Design Space which will be automatically cut for you to save more time.
- Knife blade that will allow you to cut the thickest and heaviest materials up to 2.4 mm thick.
- Adaptive tool system that will not require you to do any necessary updates on the machine itself since it is compatible with all the latest and future upgrades on tools.
Other Specs and Features:
- Expandable pieces of tools such as a scoring tool, pens, and blades which you can use to different kinds of materials. of tools such as a scoring tool, pens, and blades which you can use to different kinds of materials.
- Design apps that can be accessed thru Android, Windows, Mac, and iOS.
- Washable fabric marker pen (soon to be released) which will allow you to prevent guessing or wrong estimation when marking your patterns.
- FabricGrip and LightGrip mat included both with 12″ x 12″ in dimension.
- Access to the free trial membership of the Cricut Access.
- Provided materials that you can use for your first project.
- 25 sewing patterns and 50 ready to make projects also included in the package.
More: Check out a comparison of Cricut Maker vs. Cricut Explore Air 2.
Performance of New Version of Cricut Maker
Time-saving, tripled efficiency, preciseness, and extensiveness – these things are all yours with the new version of the Cricut Maker. And these were all made possible because of the added features and improvisation to the machine including the tools.
If you are hand-cutting your sewing patterns before for about an hour or so, you can expect that this task will only be done for only 15 minutes with the new version of Cricut Maker because there are over a hundred of digital patterns from top brands such as Riley Blake and Simplicity which can be automatically cut by the machine!
That means your pattern will be cut cleaner and exact unlike with the hand-cut ones which shows more imperfections. And if you are using a separate fabric cutter before, you can now enjoy the presence of the newly improved rotary blade since all types of fabrics can be perfectly cut whether it is a canvas, silk, denim, and chiffon.
More: Cricut Maker vs. Silhouette Cameo 3 – Which One is the Best Cutting Machine?
Overall Verdict: The new version of the Cricut Maker is very impressive and advantageous in a lot of possible ways. You can cut, draw, score, and create your design then upload it regardless of its file format. You can also create your design using your tablet or smartphone if you find this more convenient in your situation. And of course, you can expect that every end-result from your Cricut is 100% filled with quality which will surely be loved not just by you but by everyone who is going to see your project. Although there are drawbacks from using this Cricut Maker such as the small length (12″ wide by 24″ long) that it can cut, separate payment for the knife blade which is considered to be a special feature but have to pay for it to experience its greatness, and the fact that you can only use the Design Space which will limit you from exploring other design features from other software, you can still appreciate and enjoy every bit of this cutting machine because all of these drawbacks are very manageable.
So if you are not that picky or advance when designing a project or if you are only designing compact sizes, then the Cricut Maker is really the best one for you and for everyone who is looking forward to producing quality and professional designs. After all, we just want to experience convenience with excellence while pursuing our passion for arts and crafts.
More: Cricut Machines Comparison & Reviews: Which One Will Fit Your Needs & Budget?. Or you may want to have a look a an older version is Cricut Expression 2 that is an alternative option for more savings.