Is the Cricut Explore AIR 2 Worth It?
Everyone who has ever bought a personalized cutting machine has heard about CRICUT. Why? Because they are one of the world leaders and developers of personal electronic cutting machines in a time spanning over 50 whooping years!
With several tools that inspire and engender creativity such as the Cricut Design Space™ online design software and their range of Cricut electronic cutting machine, they have become a brand to trust completely with your cutting needs and requirements.
What Can the Cricut Explore AIR 2 Do?
Before we begin to explore fully the functionality and specs of this elegantly designed machine, it is essential that we first address the emotions this machine elicits when you open up the carton. Already preordered and in use by a million people, the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine has a lot of functions (check out a comparison of Silhouette Cameo 3 vs Cricut Explore Air 2) but it is advertised as designed to make life beautiful. It can cut over 100 materials quickly, beautifully and neatly; leather inclusive, comes available in a myriad of beautiful colors and is a ‘click and cut’ tool.
Now that we have that out of the way, join us for an in-depth review of the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine.
Cricut Explore AIR 2 Machine Review
Coming at a weight of 16 pounds, and dimensioned 24 x 9.5 x 9.5 inches, the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine is a smart cutting machine. This machine is a ‘Do it yourself’ Speed machine that enables quick and smarter cuts, allowing you the freedom to make any project of your choice on and through over 100 different types of materials. And when used with the Cricut mobile Apps and predesigned projects on the app, you even spend less time on cutting projects.
What’s included in the box of the Cricut Explore Air 2, you might ask?
The box contains the machine itself, a Design Space software and app – the software is where you get ready-to-make projects for getting you started. You can also send files from your PC or smartphone to your cutter. It works with traditional Cricut cartridges, and it is cloud-based.
Getting Started With The Cricut Explore Air 2 & Easy DIY
Just like some of its predecessor – the Explore Air 2 can work with over 100 different materials. It is quite versatile, and its materials include cardstock, vinyl, paper, and fabric which can be selected from the Smart Set Dial settings on the machine. It can also work on other materials such as metal and leather.
With a writing speed nearly twice its older model; an appropriate estimation being that while the Cricut Explore Air Machine writes the same job at one minute, 32 seconds, 49 microseconds, the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine does this in just fifty-nine seconds. Can you imagine?! It also comes with an embedded Bluetooth to aid wireless cutting.
More: Cricut Machines Comparison & Reviews: Which One You Should Buy?
We have taken the liberty to present some of the product’s unique functions and abilities as a list below:
i. With the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine, you are able to cut the most intricate of details with savant-like accuracy. From details ranging from fine snowflakes designs to lace stationery designs, to spider webs, this machine is capable of cutting them out with pristine detailing.
ii. With the Pens that can be attached to the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine, you can create customized handwritten cards and projects by choosing over 370 fonts available, or by using a favorite font from your computer, all you need do is sit back and watch the Cricut Explore write away.
iii. Also with the Scoring Stylus, this machine enables you to create perfect fold lines for envelopes, cards, 3D paper crafts, boxes, acetate pinwheels, etc.
iv. The Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine is capable of cutting every material you need a cutter for – from thin vellum to thick leather. It comes with a Smart Set dial and also custom material selection in Design Space, to ensure that more than 80 different material settings are at your disposal and fingertips.
v. With the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine, you will be able to print full-color images and a myriad of patterns, then stand back as your Cricut Explore machine cut these images out for you! With the accompanying Design Space accessible to all Cricut users online, there are over 50,000 printable images and a little under a thousand printable patterns available to you. Or you can simply upload your own!
So with the above reasons, We are sure that the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine would meet all the needs you need a cutting machine to fill out for you. But as usual, just in case you are still not convinced on how amazing the Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine is, here is a detailed list of what we found particularly amazing about this piece of invention and what we had some issues with. We hope this helps.
- [CREATE MORE] The Cricut Explore Air 2 is your personal DIY cutting machine. It will flawlessly cut over 100+ different types of materials including premium vinyl, iron on and htv vinyl, cardstock, faux leather, adhesive foils, specialty paper, poster board and more
- [ENDLESS PROJECT POSSIBILITIES] The Cricut Explore Air 2 makes it so easy to create a wide arrange of DIY projects. Make custom stickers, personalized home decor, home-made gifts and party favors, unique greeting cards, custom designed apparel, and more
- [INCLUDED WITH MACHINE] Each machine includes a Cricut Premium Fine Point Blade and Housing, a Cricut 12 inch x12 inch Light Grip Adhesive Cutting Mat (perfect for vinyl and htv projects), a Cricut Black Fine Point Pen, access to Cricut's design software Design Space, and a 2 week free trial to Cricut Access
- [DESIGN FOR FREE] Upload or create and design your own images for free from your computer, tablet or mobile phone using Cricut's free design software design space. Enhance your design space experience by subscribing to Cricut Access, Cricut's vast library of over 100,000 images, fonts, and make it now projects and designs
- [BECOME A PART OF A COMMUNITY] We know it can be intimidating to start creating your first DIY projects, so don’t do it alone. When you buy a Cricut you become part of a close-knit community of crafters, makers and DIYers. There are dozens of groups across all social media platforms that allow our members to share tips, ask for help and share their projects and inspiration with an amazing community
Last update on 2020-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
More: Cricut Expression 2 Review: Alternative Option for More Savings.
Cricut Explore Air 2 – Setup & First Projects