A shower speaker is a waterproof speaker you can use in the shower. However, you might be wondering why you’d ever want speakers in your shower or who would buy such a novelty item. It’s actually a fun little novelty item that many a person loves to have while singing in the bathroom that’s available as shower speakers on the market.
|#1. Basspal IPX7|| - FM radio, HD sound.|
- LED mood lights.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Float on the water
- IPX7 rating.
|#2. BOOM Swimmer|| - Flexible tail for placement options.|
- It's waterproof instead of just water-resistant.
- Battery lasts up to 8 hours.
- Wireless Bluetooth.
- IPX7 rated waterproof.
|3. UE ROLL 2 Volcano|| - Sound level up to 85 dBA.|
- Battery life up to 9 hours.
- Compatible for many devices.
- IPX7 rated waterproof.
|#4. Archeer A106|| - Small but powerful.|
- Bluetooth 4.0.
- Long battery life.
- Top sound quality.
- IPX5 waterproof rating.
|#5. BRAVEN Mira|| - Battery life up to 10 hours.|
- Has auxiliary port
- Pairs up in seconds.
- IPX5 water-resistant rating.
|#6. VicTsing Shower|| - Used in the showers & outdoors.|
- Can hang anywhere.
- Supports A2DP.
- IPX4 rating.
|#7. EazyClips|| - Portable and accessible.|
- Has Bluetooth.
- Reduces noise and wind.
- Water resistance.
|#8. BlitzWolf Mini IP65|| - Battery lasts for 8 hours.|
- High-volume speakers.
- Standard Bluetooth.
- It can be used for phone calls.
- IP65 water-resistant and shockproof.
|#9. Armor MiNE|| - Affordable.|
- Latest Bluetooth technology.
- Loudest with crystal-clear sound.
- Amazing bass.
- IPX5 rated waterproof.
|#10. SoundBot SB510|| - Built-in microphone.|
- Universal Bluetooth compatibility.
- Works hi-def wired USB connection.
- Water resistance.
- Buying Guide for Shower Speakers
- With that said, what are the top 10 best shower speakers in the market today?
- #1. Basspal IPX7 Portable Wireless Waterproof Speaker:
- #2. BOOM Swimmer Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Blue):
- #3. UE ROLL 2 Volcano Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof):
- #4. Archeer A106 Outdoor Portable Bluetooth Speakers with Microphone:
- #5. BRAVEN Mira Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker:
- #6. VicTsing Shower and Wireless Waterproof Speaker:
- #7. EazyClips Bluetooth Shower Speaker:
- #8. BlitzWolf Mini Bluetooth Speakers Waterproof IP65:
- #9. Armor MiNE Shower Speaker Rugged Hi-Def Bass Sound:
- #10. SoundBot SB510 HD Water Proof Bluetooth 3.0 Speaker:
Buying Guide for Shower Speakers
When buying waterproof shower speakers, it’s important to remember to get ones without wires and use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth in order to catch their signals. This will ensure that you won’t get electrocuted in the shower or the speakers themselves won’t end up with a short circuit when submerged or exposed to water.
• Waterproof versus Water-Resistant: A water resistant speaker can be placed near the shower (like on the sink or your bathroom medicine cabinet) but not anywhere near the shower stall at all. A water-resistant speaker cannot be submerged in water but can resist a splash or two. As many a shower speakers review would point out, a waterproof speaker can deal with submersion pretty well, especially those swimmer or pool speakers. Check the IPX rating. A higher IPX means it’s more waterproof than a lower rating (IPX4 versus IPX7, for example).
• Permanently Installed versus Portable: A permanently installed outdoor speaker allows you to play music at your patio or garden but you can’t move it anywhere else. If you permanently install a speaker to your bathroom, that just ruins the tiles and walls. It’s better to invest in portable shower speakers us or shower speakers canada to have a device that’s easily replaceable and not so hard to maintain. A fixture speaker will always have louder and superior sound over a portable one, but some portable speakers have quite the great sound for their size. Also, their convenience cannot be beat by a fixture outdoor speaker.
• The Importance of Convenience and Wireless Connections: All shower speakers have Bluetooth connectivity to cellphones and laptops or music players and tablets. However, not all of them have good connections. As much as possible, get a convenient shower speakers apple (iOS) or Android that can catch Bluetooth signals for more than three feet away, especially if you don’t want your phone to get wet while playing its music in the shower.
• Battery Life Is the Key to Shower Speaker Success: Battery life varies from speaker to speaker. Batteries are important because the last thing you want is to plug the speaker to an electric outlet while you’re in the shower, thus risking electrocution. Some shower speaker batteries last a standard 8 hours while others can only go up until 6 hours. Still others can stretch their playtime to 10 or 20 hours until the next recharge.
• Microphones and Other Extras: Some shower speakers can double as phone speakers, so if you want to chat while on the shower with someone, you can use certain shower speakers for that end with hands-free usage to boot. You can also use the mic for a sing-along at the shower if your speaker can connect to an FM radio on its own or through a Bluetooth radio device. How well the shower speakers are designed aesthetically is mostly a subjective or taste-based consideration. Your personal preference may vary.
With that said, what are the top 10 best shower speakers in the market today?
Here is a List of The Top 10 Best Shower Speakers in 2017 Reviews:
#1. Basspal IPX7 Portable Wireless Waterproof Speaker:
The Basspal IPX7 wireless waterproof speaker has a 5W high-performance driver with a decent amount of volume. It’s an IPX7 fully waterproof type of speaker that can last long as a pool, tub, floating, or shower speaker. It can float on the water of a tub or pool and it has a suction cup design to allow hanging by the wall.
This speaker also has LED mood lights and built-in FM radio with HD sound that you can you listen to your favorite radio stations at anytime with its long-lasting battery.
Conclusion: Only Basspal with its FM radio and superior waterproofing is better. This waterproof speaker product can be submerged in 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. This makes the Bluetooth-enabled shower speaker basspal perfect for showering. It’s a 9.7 out of 10 kind of speaker.
#2. BOOM Swimmer Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Blue):
Waterproofed portability is the main claim to fame of the BOOM Swimmer waterproof speaker. The IPX7 shower speaker boom is resistant to short circuits by water, so even swimmers can use them. The waterproof rating is that it’s waterproof rating down to 1m for 30 minutes.
The placement options of this awesome speaker vary due to its flexible tail, so you can put anywhere or on your hand.
You can use Bluetooth connectivity to smart or mobile devices easily. The rechargeable battery lasts up to 8 hours when using full volume.
Conclusion: This is a great shower speaker, especially for the swimmers. But it has limits to its waterproof ability (it probably can’t survive a float trip or prolonged submersion). Anyway, it’s a 9.2 over 10.
#3. UE ROLL 2 Volcano Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof):
The maximum sound level of the UE ROLL 2 Volcano shower speaker can go up to 85 dBA and has a frequency range of 20 kHz to 108 kHz. And it has a Lithium-Ion battery that lasts up to 9 hours between charges (like a cellphone). So you can have more time to enjoy in the shower room.
It’s compatible for playback with tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, laptops, and other Bluetooth-supported devices.
With its IPX7 rated waterproof feature, you can bring it to shower without worrying about any spills or damage. And it can be immersed in liquid up to 1m for 30 minutes.
Conclusion: I love the design of the Volcano. It really does remind me of glowing lava. I give this shower speaker UE ROLL a definite 9.5 out of 10 rating for its combination of style and function.
#4. Archeer A106 Outdoor Portable Bluetooth Speakers with Microphone:
The Archeer A106 is a small and powerful speaker that has a topnotch striking design. It has top sound quality that the customers who love it unanimously rave about.
It has a long battery life of 20 hours playtime at 80% volume. Even at 100% volume it lasts a good 10 hours. With its standard Bluetooth 4.0 tech compatibility, you can connect to all Bluetooth-enabled devices easily.
Conclusion: I like the all-black, all-business design of the Archeer A106. The waterproof speaker archeer is fantastic for its size. It gets a 9.6 out of 10 from me.
#5. BRAVEN Mira Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker:
The Braven Mira is a waterproof wireless Bluetooth speaker made of ABS plastic. A rechargeable battery (1200 mAh) that lasts for 10 hours. It has ABS plastic hook or kickstand that lays the speaker flush when closed.
Auxiliary port allows you to play non-Bluetooth devices, like putting a wire over your old laptops, PDAs, computers, or MP3 players. And it can pairs up with many a music player in seconds.
Conclusion: The shower acoustics allow the speaker to work pretty good so it’s strictly a shower speaker and nothing else due to lack of bass. The shower speaker BRAVEN Mira earns itself a decent 9.3 out of 10 in my book.
#6. VicTsing Shower and Wireless Waterproof Speaker:
The VicTsing waterproof speaker can be used in the showers and outdoors. It includes a detachable suction and aluminum metal hook so you can hang it anywhere. It’s built with a 5W speaker and supports A2DP.
The beautiful silicone case design isn’t just for show. It doubles as armor that makes the speaker dustproof, shockproof, and partially waterproof.
Conclusion: The VicTsing speaker isn’t only good for bath time but also for outdoor excursions with loads of moisture, like kayaking or skiing. But some units failed quality control, with several failing after 2 days of use while others stopped working after 3 months. So this IPX4 shower speaker VicTsing is yet another 9.2 out of 10 speaker.
#7. EazyClips Bluetooth Shower Speaker:
The EazyClips is a portable and accessible Bluetooth speaker offers advanced digital sound that reduces noise and wind (for outdoor use). The universally compatible with any Bluetooth wireless device. And it securely fits with a detachable suction cup and offers water resistance.
EazyClips also has a loudspeaker cavity that gives you an enriched music listening experience with full-spectrum sound.
Conclusion: As for the EazyClips Bluetooth Shower Speaker, it’s known for its enhanced HD sound experience not found in any of the other speakers so far. This earns the shower speaker eazyclips a rating of 8.8 out of 10.
#8. BlitzWolf Mini Bluetooth Speakers Waterproof IP65:
The BlitzWolf mini Bluetooth speaker can be used for phone calls by pushing the hands-free button and speaking on the microphone. It is a good water-resistant and shockproof speaker with IP65 level. The battery lasts for about 8 hours, so you can play music on high-volume speakers with a 5W driver.
It also has the standard Bluetooth universal compatibility, so you can connect with any of your devices.
Conclusion: The BlitzWolf Mini Bluetooth Speakers allows for hands-free usage and usage with a 3.5 mm AUX port. This particular model of waterproof speaker blitzwolf gets a 9.4 out of 10 from me.
#9. Armor MiNE Shower Speaker Rugged Hi-Def Bass Sound:
The Armor MiNE is a loudest hand-sized speaker with amazing crystal-clear sound. It has the most amazing bass we’ve ever heard from a portable speaker. The beat of the drums is amazing within shower acoustics, so you can go mellow or lively.
The Armor MiNE has the standard Bluetooth compatibility across the board with the latest Bluetooth technology.
Conclusion: If you’re all about that bass and you want to sing in the shower with loud music as though you’re in a rave with a foam bubble machine, then the waterproof speaker armor mine is for you. I rate this 9.3 out of 10 for the fun factor.
#10. SoundBot SB510 HD Water Proof Bluetooth 3.0 Speaker:
The SoundBot SB510 is a water-resistant loudspeaker that has the universal Bluetooth compatibility. And it works with wireless and hi-def wired USB connection.
This SoundBot speaker also has Built-in microphone for sing-along use outdoors and indoors. And you can change the volume, skip, pause, play, and power down the device hands-free as well as by manually accessing the buttons.
Conclusion: This waterproof speaker SoundBot is decent enough to earn a place on this top ten list but just barely. It’s a good but flawed speaker that gets an 8.9 out of 10 rating.
Conclusion: Although its Bluetooth range needs work (hopefully this is just a quality control issue and not a flaw present on all units), the beautifully blue and high-tech waterproof Basspal IPX7 Portable Wireless Speaker is indeed a treat and the top best shower speaker or even best outdoor speaker. As advertised, it’s something you can use outdoors, indoors, at the kitchen, on the beach, by the pool, or in the shower. It’s the epitome of what I’m looking for in a shower speaker, and only the Archeer A106 with its 10-20 hour battery life comes close to Basspal’s quality.
It’s definitely the top 1 of the top 10 best shower speakers 2017 out there, especially with its FM radio and HD sound. With the Basspal IPX7, I came for the radio and stayed for the sound quality, to be honest. The LED mood lights are mostly just part of the bells and whistles, but some customers might like that extra touch too. It’s also less flawed and has better quality control than many of the speakers on this list. I love it as shower speakers for iphone or Android, and I hope you do too.