This router is considered to be an ultrafast and high intercepting signal modern router but is it worth your hard earned money? Let’s find out in this Apple Airport Extreme Base Station review.
It is a high-speed sixth generation modem router containing a powerful beaming signal array transmitting from 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies connecting to your iPhone, iPad or iPod devices. This new layout of AirPort Extreme adjusts its capabilities generating six antennas that create an increased signal communication. Also, this Apple’s pride router includes a vertical design which stands 6.6 inches tall and 3.85 inches wide. This is 64% smaller than its former model, the second generation. This also incorporates a series of ports inclusively four LAN ports, two USB 2.0 ports to diversify its function. This is the fastest and easiest way to connect your Mac and iOS devices to the internet.
Specs And Features of Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station
1. A High-Speed WIFI connectivity
– Given that this modem transmits 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency signals, this will give your internet connection reliable and the fastest as you’ve known. Aside from that, it incorporates a higher dispersion of signal using its antenna variations that make the internet connectivity 3 times faster than any regular connection.
2. Smaller Layout and Design
– As compared to its predecessor, this new sixth-generation Apple Airport Extreme is 64% smaller making it convenient and lightweight. This new vertical design empowers an area of fewer than 4 inches square which measures 6.6 inches tall and 3.85 inches wide. In this way, hand carrying the modem through different places and location would never get harder.
3. Simple utilization especially for Apple related devices
– You don’t need to get into complications when you are installing this modem to your devices. It has a built-in setup assistant that allows you to connect your Apple devices directly to your modem with just a few clicks and enters.
4. Allows sharing through external ports
– If you want to print something wireless or insert an external drive and your computer does not have an access port, then you could use the two included USB ports (2.0) in the AirPort Extreme router. These are highly accessible ports in the router that you could use anytime you want to.
5. Improved Internet Security
You don’t need to get worried about internet hacking, malware, and viruses from infecting your computer because this modem incorporates a built-in firewall that guards your network against this malicious attacks.
This new model of AirPort extreme connects to the internet via dual-band 802.11ac WIFI support 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals. As known, this has powerful signal and internet speed that let you connect easy and fast to WiFi signals. This product exhibits amazing responses and high-quality internet speed and bandwidth at even longer distance up to 50 feet for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals.
Upon its USB performance, the transfer rate to an external hard drive is completely acceptable and reliable though it’s still slow as compared to your computer devices. For printers, it has been shown that it prints the same number of pages in contrast to printing via a Windows Computer.
Overall, this new AirPort Extreme model has excellent performance both in its USB and speed. This is ideal for use to those online activities that need faster and reliable speeds like online gaming, viewing or downloading a big multimedia storage. Though, it still has weaknesses including that it has only three LAN ports and no USB 3.0 ports which are really viable especially on media streaming.
PROS AND CONS
This new ultra-speed generation of Apple’s router has an impeccable internet speed and signal dispersion advantages that keep it fast pace having been able to reach long distances. It is also smaller which is more convenient especially when we have a room with a little space. This product also is easy to setup. You just need to follow the manual and there you go, you’re already connected to the internet.
But aside from that, this new model is not just unlike its predecessor except for its design and interface for which is well-engineered and sophisticated as compared to the latter. It is also expensive and compatible only with limited Mac and iOS devices. It doesn’t even support to AirPlay either. It also does not contain any USB port for media streaming devices, unlike any other current modem routers. Some units also have problems with overheating for which is not likely should happen especially on these routers where would be used for long hours.
Though there are weaknesses, this router has been totally a blessing to some users exhibiting it’s high and reliable internet speed better than they have ever experience.