If you are shopping for the best entry-level 3D printer then ANET must be one of the brands you have in mind. ANET has the A6 and the A8 3D printers, two of the most efficient, easy to use and intuitive models in the market. Find out whether the ANET A6 or the ANET A8 is for you with this comparative review.
ANET A6 vs ANET A8
What is ANET?
Table of Contents
Shenzhen ANET Technology Co., Ltd. is a leading company that manufactures 3D printers. ANET takes pride in creating new, top quality 3D printer technologies as products of their first-class research and development team. ANET is a worldwide name; the company exports its products in Europe and in the United States.
The ANET A6 and the A8 are two of its popular level-entry 3D printers. Find out what these two printers have in common and the features that make each one stand out.
ANET A8 3D Printer
- 220 x 220 x 240mm printing volume：220 x 220 x 240mm printing volume, just right for you.Made from piano-black laser-cut acrylic frame. To maintain the garage-built feel and the handmade charm.
- support ABS / PLA / Wood / Nylon PVA / PP / Luminescent：Multiple 3D printing filament supportable, support ABS / PLA / Wood / Nylon PVA / PP / Luminescent.
- Unassembled DIY kit：It is unassembled DIY kit, provide you an unforgettable step-by-step learning experience of 3D printer from scratch. As long as you have a passion for creativity, you can not afford to miss this product.
- Operating system&Working environment：Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 /Mac / Linux. Temperature: 10 - 30 Deg.C, humidity: 20 - 50 Deg.C.
- Widely used：Suitable for a wide range of customers, young or old, professional or amateur etc.
The ANET A8 3D Printer is an LCD screen printer that offers multiple filament support and will work with a number of different printable materials. It has that charming garage-built appearance and handmade look that sets it apart from other commercially-available 3D printers.
The A8 comes with a piano-black, laser-cut frame made of strong and durable acrylic. Following a simple, step by step assembly video, you can set this printer up in an hour or maybe even less.
Once set up, you can use a number of printing materials including ABS, nylon PVA, PLA, PP, wood and luminescent. It has a single nozzle with a diameter of 0.4mm with a print speeds 100 mm/sec. The quick-release feed controls will allow you to control the flow and this is perfect for quick and fluent filament feeding.
It has an LCD screen where you can check the status of your printer at a glance. Find out your printer status, flow rate and other important details before and during printing with this convenient LCD screen.
This 3D printer is a versatile piece of equipment that should be used in working environments with temperatures of 10 to 30 degrees Celsius and humidity of 20 to 50 RH. You will be working on an acrylic plate and an aluminum platform board base, therefore, it’s easy to maintain after use.
Connecting the A8 with your PC or laptop is simple because it supports popular operating systems such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac and Linux. It comes with all the accessories you need to set it up so there’s no need to purchase additional tools and parts.
– Offers 220 x 220 x 240 mm printing volume
– Frame made from durable acrylic while the platform board is made from aluminum
– Will support printable materials: ABS, PLA, wood, nylon PVA, PP and luminescent
– Capable of multiple printing filament support
– Comes unassembled; DIY kit with step-by-step instructions
– Compatible with popular operating systems
ANET A6 3D Printer
The ANET A6 is known as the improved version of the A8. The frame has an improved design to make the printer more efficient and easier to use. It also comes with an intuitive user interface that will help you manage your 3D printer in a more efficient manner.
The A6 also comes unassembled but you also get an instructional video with your purchase. With this video, you can easily assemble this 3D printer and have it ready in just an hour or so. It will be ready to print using different printable materials including ABS, PLA, TPU, wood, nylon, PVA, PP and luminescent to name a few.
This printer is slightly bigger and a bit lighter than the A8 3D printer, therefore, you can take it to the office or transport it home to continue working on different projects. The A6 also comes with a convenient LCD screen to let you know the status of your printer at a glance.
The ANET A6 is one of the most efficient and accurate level-entry 3D printers. It also has recommended temperature settings for its nozzle and hotbed. You need to maintain this optimum environment settings so your 3D printer can work efficiently and effortlessly.
The A6 comes with a complete set of accessories and tools you will need to assemble, use and maintain this machine for all kinds of projects.
– With an intuitive user interface
– Compatible with more printable materials
– With an acrylic frame and aluminum allow hotbed
– Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux and Mac
– Compatible with Cura and Repetier-host printing software
– Can be used offline
– Comes with complete accessories and tools for assembly
Similarities Between the ANET A6 Vs. ANET A8
The ANET A6 and the A8 are basically siblings. These are similar when it comes to the type of material used to make the frame and the hotbed as well as the nozzle and other components. Both 3D printers support printable basic printable materials however, the A6 will be able to print using more types of materials.
Both 3D printers are compatible with basic operating systems but the A8 supports Windows 10 while the A6 does not. The A6 and the A8 are made with the same frame and hotbed material and therefore maintenance is basically the same as well.
Finally, both the A6 and the A8 needs major assembly before use. These 3D printers arrive unassembled inside a box but have an instructional video and written instructions to guide you.
Which 3D Printer Works for Me?
If you are looking for a portable printer then the A6 is for you because it is lighter and therefore easier to transport. But if you need a large-scale 3D printer then the A8 is the one for you. Both printers come with a convenient LCD screen but only the A6 has an intuitive user interface to make it easier to manage projects. It is also compatible with popular 3D printing software, therefore, it is more preferred by users.